ALL-IN FOR A CAUSE II - Dallas Charity Poker Tournament

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday September 8th at 3PM

For anyone local to Dallas and interested in playing. If anyone feels like making a charitable contribution, CLICK HERE!

PM me for the sign-up Link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skyview Elementary School Charity Poker Tournament

Join us for the second annual Windy Crest Poker Room Charity Poker Tournament.

4pm tournament start - Registration starts at 3pm - Late entry until 5:30PM

This year's benefactor is Skyview Elementary School.

Skyview Elementary serves 800 children in the Forest Meadow neighborhood. 86 percent of our students are on a reduced lunch program and 680 (or more) are living at or below the poverty line. In recent years, Skyview has seen a swell of support from the surrounding neighborhood as well as a revitalization of their parent-lead PTA under the leadership of Principal Ingrid Dodd. In 2015, the PTA funded and built a beautiful school garden. In 2016, they put funding in place for a communication package that includes a translation program and an electronic marquee. In 2017 we helped Skyview fund and implement a literacy initiative. Skyview is doing GREAT things and is looking to partner with the wider community to achieve their goals. Let us be a part of their momentum!

Snacks, Beverages, and Dinner will be provided as part of the entry fee. There will be beer, wine, sodas, and water available. Table side drink service is provided.

$100 entry fee - ($40 to prize pool, $60 to Skyview - food and beverages included thanks to our generous sponsors)

All Players Welcome! (Co-Ed)

Tournament Details

5k Starting Stacks

Re-Buy and Add-On split 50/50 to charity and prize pool

Unlimited Re-Buy/Surrender until round 9 - $40 for 5k in chips

1 Add-On per Player (10k in chips) at level 9 - $40

Chip surrender allowed - trade in your chips for a full stack - $40 for 5k in chips

24 minute starting levels - designed for a 6 hour tournament

15% of entries will be paid.

Payout - 33%/22%/14%/10%/7%/5%/4%/3%/2% (With 60 players)

Cash Game

Cash games will be available as tables break. ($1/$2 NLHE)

Suggested 10% buy-in donation to Skyview

Date: 09/08/2018 (Sat.)
Time: 3:00pm CDT

Last edited:

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be in Dallas in the next couple months for a working vacation of sorts. My wife's sister lives in Duncanville, and wants to hire me to do some painting at her workplace. If it happens fortuitously to be that week, I'll definitely join in!

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be in Dallas in the next couple months for a working vacation of sorts. My wife's sister lives in Duncanville, and wants to hire me to do some painting at her workplace. If it happens fortuitously to be that week, I'll definitely join in!
If you find yourself in Dallas on the 8th - shoot me a message! Poker >>>>>> Painting

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@CraigT78 , even if my trip doesn't line up with the tourney, I might contact you about joining your home game for a night, if that would be ok.

I'd love to visit Windy Crest!

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monday Bump!

22 players signed up so far and thanks to our generous sponsors, we have already raised $3,100 for the charity!

We have nearly 70 lbs of meat on order for the BBQ dinner & a full beer sponsorship from the local brewery- this is an event not to be missed!!

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump! Come help us eat 70lbs of BBQ and a couple kegs of beer! It's for the kids!!

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’m going to miss it. Not sure yet if I’m go coming for sure, but if I do, it will be a bit later in the month. Sounds like a great day—sorry I’ll miss it!

TexRex

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Craig, I'm willing to forward it, but I need a way for them to contact you in the email I'd send. Do you want to email me the contact info?

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starting stacks ready to be bagged up!
20180903_171015.jpg

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be posting plenty of photos and updates here. #ItsForTheKids

Top Bottom