Alaskan checking in. (1 Viewer)

CaseAce

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello all,

Checking on from Juneau AK. Yea, yea I heart AK too. Anywhosy, started playing cash games in Washington state in 1999. After moving to Alaska I build my own poker table and started hosting a .25/.50 home game weekly, no rake. We have a pretty good poker community here, so there's always tournaments and cash games to be found on weekends.
Now that I have my card room and table established, I really want a nice set of chips. Ideally combining my two hobbies, fly fishing and poker. I would love to customized a set from CPC like the Rounders set but with a King salmon instead of the bear... get it?....the chips have fish on them. Ok, I'm not clever but that's what I would like. However it's a lot to drop ln chips for a small cash game.
So there you have it. That's me and some background. NO GAMBLE. NO FUTURE!

The table I built and the wife I took winning a 3 way all in.

Attachments

• 20190907_224739.jpg
    20190907_224739.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 139
Welcome! Lovely table, really like your customs idea! Fly fishing is lots of fun!!! Looking forward to seeing your design ideas!!

Boat over boat over boat - that is just nuts!

Welcome and love your customs idea!!
I walked away from the table to use the restroom. Came back and two of my buddies were leaving. I look at my wife like what happened? She said "there was a flotilla."

I really like your table. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, now that its done, I want to build another just to shore up all the leaks I made in this one.

Why not a Salmon in the mouth of a bear?

Anywaysies (if you can make up words, so can I), welcome to PCF, @CaseAce!
Well, it was a toss up between having picture of a donkey on them or a fish. I just recently saw a set with donkey's on them so I decided fish.

Welcome! Lovely table, really like your customs idea! Fly fishing is lots of fun!!! Looking forward to seeing your design ideas!!
Really like your handle. I'm rolling a 94 f150 through the snow here in Juneau. Freaking love that truck.

Really like your handle. I'm rolling a 94 f150 through the snow here in Juneau. Freaking love that truck.
Thanks! I've had a few f250s, the 150s arent as heavy makes them better in the snow!! They're great trucks, glad to see another one out there doing its duty!!! I have a 92 460 currently, my better half @Ben8257 has an 01 7.3
We love our ferds!!!

That's it! Now I just need to sell an organ real fast!

Those are sockeye salmon though. I was thinking a bright shiney King salmon. Like the Rounders set I was think of having the chip value below the image. .25,.50 $1,$5,$10,$25 with a couple $50's and $100's for fun.

These are kings or even the salmon logo on my hoodie would be cool. I have the vector file of my hoodie logo somewhere.

Welcome to the Forum! More AK folks!!
I thought you just really liked ace king! Lol.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1580946447698.jpg
    FB_IMG_1580946447698.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 122

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom