• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine AJ's Card Room BCC MGK Samples and Hot Stamp Dies (1 Viewer)

This has been listed for 6+ months, I'm guessing it's either not usable for most people or the price isn't right

seller's gonna hold out until another AJ comes along needing some chips

The seller is the infamous “Silks” from Chiptalk.

I swear a set of AJ’s card room chips were either for sale or going to be for sale at some point years ago on Chiptalk because the owner had passed away. I could easily have them confused with a different set, but I’m my mind they were AJ’s.

I swear a set of AJ’s card room chips were either for sale or going to be for sale at some point years ago on Chiptalk because the owner had passed away. I could easily have them confused with a different set, but I’m my mind they were AJ’s.
I love a history lesson, why infamous?

Tony is still alive, running his restaurant (well, I lost touch about a year ago)

I’ve always read Silks is a legit seller on eBay. I think he was an OG flippah and pissed people off on Chiptalk. But I always read that he packaged well and even though his chips were often overpriced, he always delivered and described things well. I’m sure some other members would be able to recall his misdeeds better than myself.

I’ve always read Silks is a legit seller on eBay. I think he was an OG flippah and pissed people off on Chiptalk. But I always read that he packaged well and even though his chips were often overpriced, he always delivered and described things well. I’m sure some other members would be able to recall his misdeeds better than myself.
Silks is the reason for the limits in The Chip Room sales. When Jim first started there were no limits of any kind. He would get in, and clear out all the fracs, high denominations, etc, leaving him as the only person to buy from to complete your set. He of course would happily sell to you, and his inflated prices. That’s where his bad reputation comes from. If you ever get frustrated with TCR limits for new chips, he’s largely to blame.

He had 2 sets made. One was FDL mold I believe. AJ is his oldest son
IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom