Aggie Bonfire Set (1 Viewer)

GarryT123

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Howdy guys,
I am designing a set for my student org (Aggie Bonfire). If you don't know much about it, I could take up a whole book on what that all means lol. But I am wanting to make this as a novelty set that I could possibly hand out like challenge coins and I would love to have a set, I'm having some trouble designing but I'll post the rough sketches that I've got so far. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated! Basically I've got five denominations: Walton, Corps, Lechner (Lech-nerds is their nick name), Brownpots, and Redpots.
Walton: (white and yellow "Walton Loads" should be on there)
Corps: (Maroon and white/black not really sure about the secondary color, the letters are suuper important initials for lost cadets)
Lechner: (Green and orange, they are an honors dorm so like I said nerdy/engineering stuff is kinda the theme there)
Brownpots: (obviously brown, they are in charge of machinery mainly chainsaws)
Redpots: (they are large and in charge, would like to have a red hardhat and axe handles on it just can't find the right artwork)
Tell me what you think and like I said, any help with the designs would be great!
(side note: I realize the denomination is wrong for browns I had that set when I had some other chips made up but eventually just decided to go with the 5)
Thanks and Gig 'em!!!

Attachments

• CorpsInlay.jpeg
    CorpsInlay.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 254
  • BrownpotInlay.jpeg
    BrownpotInlay.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 222
  • WaltonInlay.jpeg
    WaltonInlay.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 240
  • BonfireSet.jpeg
    BonfireSet.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 241
There seems to be a lot of small text on the inlays.

Take what you've got, and print it out on a piece of paper that will show it life-size, i.e. about 7/8" diameter, as best resolution as you can. Now put it out at arms length and see if you can make out all the details that are on the inlay. Because that's probably going to be the average distance between your eye and your stack or the pot. If it's unclear, then you may want to adjust image and text sizes.

Also remember, it is possible to have different inlays on each side of the chip.

Just got back with this (kinda gonna follow the same format for the other inlays). For whatever reason the circle border didn't load but y'all can use your imaginations.

Attachments

• RedpotInlay.001.jpeg
    RedpotInlay.001.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 168
I would be sure to clear the use of registered marks, names and logos on your chips, because:
  1. Texas A&M (R) guards their marks, names and logos jealously, and
  2. any reputable manufacture you choose might (will) reject your design if you don't have permission/releases

For information about TAMU Licensing see: https://trademarks.tamu.edu/licensingTrademarks.html

I use Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) when I piddle around with chip designs.

I would be sure to clear the use of registered marks, names and logos on your chips, because:
  1. Texas A&M (R) guards their marks, names and logos jealously, and
  2. any reputable manufacture you choose might (will) reject your design if you don't have permission/releases
For information about TAMU Licensing see: https://trademarks.tamu.edu/licensingTrademarks.html

I use Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) when I piddle around with chip designs.
The copy rights won't be a problem because Student Bonfire has no affiliation with the University after the collapse in 1999. As members we make up our own artwork for bonfire all the time, I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for using anything from student bonfire (besides all the work on the chips is original).

For example, that Corp of Cadets logo is a registered trademark. (The little R in a circle at the bottom)
There are also words, phrases and images that are registered by TAMU.

I'm advising that you exercise caution when you decide to use that kind of stuff. If you plan to sell over a certain amount per year, use of registered marks subject you to things like royalty payments and product liability insurance requirements.
I've looked into all this stuff before - specifically licensed collegiate poker chip sets.
You don't want to run afoul of Marketing and Communications and the Office of Licensing. Ask the Seattle Seahawks

Best of luck - FTA Class of '83

Yea, you want to be careful with any registered tredemarks. I have actually thought of a set like this (class of 84). I was thinking of using some type of outline of a burning stack as the artwork. Something more generic like that would be easier to pull off.
Instead of the Corps logo maybe you could use the logo of the individual outfit. I also thought of a set with my old outfit logo (L-2)

Plenty of people have sports/college themed sets. I don’t think you’ll run into much hassle

C488AF59-BA71-4933-98BF-056390872AC0.jpeg

Howdy guys,
I am designing a set for my student org (Aggie Bonfire). If you don't know much about it, I could take up a whole book on what that all means lol. But I am wanting to make this as a novelty set that I could possibly hand out like challenge coins and I would love to have a set, I'm having some trouble designing but I'll post the rough sketches that I've got so far. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated! Basically I've got five denominations: Walton, Corps, Lechner (Lech-nerds is their nick name), Brownpots, and Redpots.
Walton: (white and yellow "Walton Loads" should be on there)
Corps: (Maroon and white/black not really sure about the secondary color, the letters are suuper important initials for lost cadets)
Lechner: (Green and orange, they are an honors dorm so like I said nerdy/engineering stuff is kinda the theme there)
Brownpots: (obviously brown, they are in charge of machinery mainly chainsaws)
Redpots: (they are large and in charge, would like to have a red hardhat and axe handles on it just can't find the right artwork)
Tell me what you think and like I said, any help with the designs would be great!
(side note: I realize the denomination is wrong for browns I had that set when I had some other chips made up but eventually just decided to go with the 5)
Thanks and Gig 'em!!!
I just stumbled across this thread somehow and I know this is a super long shot (and a resurrection of a very old thread), but I was wondering if anything ever came of this concept.

I am class of '89 and was one of the above mentioned Redpots when the fire was still on campus before the 1999 accident.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom