Affordable computerized card tracking (1 Viewer)

spellholly

Pair
Reaction score
I am looking for a reasonable solution to track cards that are being dealt (just to be clear this is coming from the house, me- not some sort of player card counting system lol) I assume a system that recognizes cards visually would be multi thousands of dollars, require special equipment, and probably not be sold to an individual.

RFID cards would be the next best option but at $100 a deck- then the equipment and software to go with it (at least from places like Videopokertable.net), It gets a little crazy expensive. I could probably rig something up with an arduino if I had the cards, but I am not loving that price tag

The idea I really like is cards with barcodes on the face that can be scanned by a little window like items at the grocery store. Does anyone have any ideas of where to find these without making a multi thousand deck order?

Any ideas around this would really be appreciated! And I guess this could go in 2 directions Identifying cards no matter face up or down or being able to identify cards when face up only. Either would be valuable to me.

Maybe I’m just out of the loop, but what is the purpose for tracking the cards?
It would be for video production in the long run (and trigger on screen graphics as well as tables of the past hands dealt) but in the short run I am trying to come up with a way to do virtual experiences of games like 3 card poker (with me dealing to a camera) with several friends and want a way to make the cards more visible on screen.

It would be for video production in the long run (and trigger on screen graphics as well as tables of the past hands dealt) but in the short run I am trying to come up with a way to do virtual experiences of games like 3 card poker (with me dealing to a camera) with several friends and want a way to make the cards more visible on screen.
Cool. Thanks for responding.

Wow, youre going for something far beyond just playing poker with nice chips, and far beyond my knowledge. Good luck.

Have the entire back printed like this, different for each card. You could put a ton more info here to besides suit and rank.

the cards they use on Catch 21 game show have barcodes on the back.

75AEBB26-81C9-49D8-A0B3-62F6A5630AB5.jpeg

Wired duplicate post. Matrix must have reset.

Attachments

• D7B5EC97-94CD-4D62-B3C2-F0A290360EC0.jpeg
    D7B5EC97-94CD-4D62-B3C2-F0A290360EC0.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 99
Have the entire back printed like this, different for each card. You could put a ton more info here to besides suit and rank.

the cards they use on Catch 21 game show have barcodes on the back.

View attachment 616210
What kind of other info would you need on a card than suit and rank, haha? I feel like Id need to be playing with some entirely different type of cards slike tarot or ones with short messages written on them.

What kind of other info would you need on a card than suit and rank, haha? I feel like Id need to be playing with some entirely different type of cards slike tarot or ones with short messages written on them.
Magic the gathering for example. Hit points, creature description, you could link to a short video showing the creature in action.

Magic the gathering for example. Hit points, creature description, you could link to a short video showing the creature in action.
Hahaha I love MTG, you may have just turned this into a way to play Game Knights episodes live. If you are using card sleevs you could probably hide a NFC chip in there. I don't really want to sleeve up playing cards ideally tho, but I suppose I could

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom