Advice on how to maintain Paulson Pharaoh (1 Viewer)

kmikze89

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi,

So i have a Paulson Pharaoh set that has been used 2-3 times and has been sitting since in a wooden box tray.
Is there any maintenance to be done on the chips in regards to cleaning or hydration of the chips?
I attached also a photo with the box in which they are kept.

Attachments

• D5D7BB87-6615-49EA-A64C-353F059283E2.jpeg
    D5D7BB87-6615-49EA-A64C-353F059283E2.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 150
Hi,

So i have a Paulson Pharaoh set that has been used 2-3 times and has been sitting since in a wooden box tray.
Is there any maintenance to be done on the chips in regards to cleaning or hydration of the chips?

Just keep them out of high temperature environments or where temps shift frequently with moisture. This will prolong your case life as well as prevent chips warping. Otherwise unless your players ate wings or spilled beer on your chips they should be fine to sit for years. As for cleaning, dumping them in the sink with dish soap is fine or a short stint in the ultrasonic would do the trick too. Some people put mineral oil on their chips but I have never done so....either is fine. Chips are a composite plastic so they will likely outlive us all unless tampered with.

Just keep them out of high temperature environments or where temps shift frequently with moisture. This will prolong your case life as well as prevent chips warping. Otherwise unless your players ate wings or spilled beer on your chips they should be fine to sit for years. As for cleaning, dumping them in the sink with dish soap is fine or a short stint in the ultrasonic would do the trick too. Some people put mineral oil on their chips but I have never done so....either is fine. Chips are a composite plastic so they will likely outlive us all unless tampered with.
Thanks for the info!
They're sitting unused and just wanted to know if anything should be done to prevent time wear.

Hi,

Why aren't you using them?
No time to play. Most of my friends don't play anymore due to wife and kids. Some are going for "healthy" lifestyles so mo more lost nights, deinking, smoking etc Also some can't afford losing money anymore...

Brand new Paulsons won't need to be washed and oiled for hundreds of hours of play, just use the damn things.

I keep shuffle stacks by the laptop. Helps getting through boring Teams meetings
I must admit that's a great idea Will do it tomorrow in my calls, maybe it will take off the boringness out of them

No time to play. Most of my friends don't play anymore due to wife and kids. Some are going for "healthy" lifestyles so mo more lost nights, deinking, smoking etc Also some can't afford losing money anymore...
Give ‘em time. They’ll all come around. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom