Advice on a best value poker table (1 Viewer)

Pesto628

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all,

In NYC so I don’t have a ton of extra space in my apt, but want to have a foldable poker table for when I host. Any recommendations from people on the table they feel has the most bang for your buck. Under $250 is preferred.

Thanks!

I own 2 Barrington tables. Very sturdy. My only complaint is the design on the felt. Hard to beat the price at under $150 through WalMart.

Quite happy with my Barrington for the price. The felt isn't even that bad. It pinches up a little at times, but can be smoothed out. It's far from ideal, but the material is playable. Pitching cards from end to end is no problem for me anyway. My players occasionally flip cards when dealing, but they're a bunch of knuckleheads -- one guy actually tried to blame the fan for his ineptitude. Not something you can really blame the felt for. The level of padding on the table is a respectable balance.

But that design on it ... oh man, who thought that was a good idea? When my players are trying to get under my skin, they actually use the "idiot boxes" for the board cards.

So ive only gotten the chance to use it once but I’ll give my first impression:

It’s a solid table for the price I got it for and the space I’m working with. The speed felt is great for spills as someone spilled during the game, we wiped it immediately, and the table looks like nothing happened. The table is a tight squeeze for 8 and could be a problem with bigger people, but it was good for my group. I would say the most major issue I’ve noticed is the legs don’t lock so if the table gets pushed or shifted slightly to one side it runs the risk of collapsing unexpectedly. This didn’t happen for us but it was something I watched out for throughout the night.

Overall I would say for the price the table is a 4/5.

So ive only gotten the chance to use it once but I’ll give my first impression:

It’s a solid table for the price I got it for and the space I’m working with. The speed felt is great for spills as someone spilled during the game, we wiped it immediately, and the table looks like nothing happened. The table is a tight squeeze for 8 and could be a problem with bigger people, but it was good for my group. I would say the most major issue I’ve noticed is the legs don’t lock so if the table gets pushed or shifted slightly to one side it runs the risk of collapsing unexpectedly. This didn’t happen for us but it was something I watched out for throughout the night.

Overall I would say for the price the table is a 4/5.
I've been considering buying this table for awhile but I was unaware of the non locking legs. That could be a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the heads up.

I've been considering buying this table for awhile but I was unaware of the non locking legs. That could be a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Yea it was definitely something I had to keep in the back of my mind the entire night. Ultimately nothing bad happened and it's hard to argue with the price, but I will be looking to spring for a higher quality table eventually.

Yea it was definitely something I had to keep in the back of my mind the entire night. Ultimately nothing bad happened and it's hard to argue with the price, but I will be looking to spring for a higher quality table eventually.
I just got the same table, and I used hose clamps (the type that tightens with a screw) to lock the legs down. I really liked that it didn't fold in half. Although I'm already thinking about replacing the green SSF with Yellow or Red. I also must say that the cup holders are on the cheap side, but I'm not sure if they are standard sized. If they are then I will replace them with stainless.

The thing must weight over 40 pounds and it has a carrying case (bag)... It is a good deal when you think about the free shipping and their 5% coupon.

Thanks for the review and all the feedbacks guys !

I definitely would have given a chance to the octagonal table but unfortunately the shop don't ship to France :/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom