Advice for relabel project, looking for 100 advice! (1 Viewer)

MC Poker

Straight
Reaction score
The addiction is real, I joined this site with the goal of finding a cheap set of chips to replace my 20 year old dice chips! First thing I saw I bought, 1000 Milanos or so, got them and sold them same week, second I opened them I wasnt keen on them, 1200 CPS chips later I was happy!! Then I snagged CPC Blanks thinking I hit the Jackpot for custom relabel project, nope CANT just label them and I dont have the patience to mill. Now I have the wild notion to buy Misc Paulson and label over the labels for a custom Tourney set?! few months ago I wanted to spend 400 bucks for a set, now I have $1500 worth in chips and $400 more in Paulsons coming! So lets get to it!! T25 I picked the Jacks 25 Secondary, have one Rack coming and looking to add on. T500 is going to be Gamblers Pleasure 50 cent, picked up 3 barrels and I know getting more will be a tough find, but they are gorgeous!! SO Looking for a beautiful 100 Paulson to go with the jack 25 and the gambler 50 cent... Chip should be black, with bright Edge spots, prefer a 3 color edge but wouldn't shy away from a great 2 color edge spot, now Im already 1500 over budget on my collection, so unicorns would be welcome but not looking for 4 dollar plus a chip options!! I was thinking the Roadhouse 100 and build around that but I could not say no to the 50c and I think the Jack 25 will play off it well, not sure how I feel about the Roadhouse with these two... think the edge spots are too dark?! I cant seem to find a readily available Paulson guide for just demons, if some knows of one, Id gladly look through it!! Side note, June Ill be in Vegas, plan is to Harvest a Cash set while there?!?! God I am so doomed!

Attachments

• Gambler 50 cent.png
    Gambler 50 cent.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
  • Jacks 25.jpg
    Jacks 25.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 103
The chips you have are in mint/near mint condition, so I’d look for a comparable conditioned 100. I think that means one of the Jack Hundos or maybe a horseshoe if you are looking for something readily available. The cincy secondary is pretty sweet and would look nice with those chips.

The chips you have are in mint/near mint condition, so I’d look for a comparable conditioned 100. I think that means one of the Jack Hundos or maybe a horseshoe if you are looking for something readily available. The cincy secondary is pretty sweet and would look nice with those chips.
I was thinking maybe Cleveland Secondary, almost same chip... everything else I like I would likely never find enough of or would get booted for thinking of labeling over!!

I would also recommend seriously considering an inlay replacement as opposed to a label over. On RHC chips, a label over means you’d only be able to go with an unlaminated label and the size of the label is larger than with a removal, meaning less of the clay would show. Plus gear’s textured laminate is awesome.

Here’s a pic for comparison. The red chip is inlay replaced and textured. Notice the smaller label size, the extra amount of clay visible around the label, and the texture. The chip on the right is an unlaminated label over. Larger label, smooth and in my opinion, it looks more like a sticker.

1643600E-80DB-4D5B-9312-808449553F31.jpeg

Here’s another example of a textured label after inlay removed:
C623DE9C-B400-4AD2-8B77-AAD0C845DDC2.jpeg

I would also recommend seriously considering an inlay replacement as opposed to a label over. On RHC chips, a label over means you’d only be able to go with an unlaminated label and the size of the label is larger than with a removal, meaning less of the clay would show. Plus gear’s textured laminate is awesome.

Here’s a pic for comparison. The red chip is inlay replaced and textured. Notice the smaller label size, the extra amount of clay visible around the label, and the texture. The chip on the right is an unlaminated label over. Larger label, smooth and in my opinion, it looks more like a sticker.

View attachment 280291

Here’s another example of a textured label after inlay removed:
View attachment 280290
I could do that to the Jacks, but I think some people would frown upon the the Pleasure 50 cents! IDK!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom