Adding—or dropping—players (1 Viewer)

I find a lot of younger people these days have eschewed Facebook for other social media platforms like Instagram for example.

Instagram and Snapchat seem to be bigger for people 25-and-under. In another few years it will be something else. But as they age, I suspect Facebook will capture them as well. It’s just too huge and, yes, useful to ignore.

He just isn't a big people person outside of the family. When he isn't working/school he is usually at home. His evenings out are playing Magic once or twice a week. That is mainly to compete. Otherwise he isn't a big of that group either lol. He also doesn't drink or smoke.

You really should adopt me. Your son and I sound like we could be brothers (except I do like my drink).

I would much, MUCH, prefer to be able to do Facebook page or emails. For the simple reason that I can put in a lot more detailed information than I can on a simple text. But I have a bunch of guys who don't do facebook. Ok so I'll do email.Well except about half the guys don't even use email. Seriiously?

I almost canned one of my good friends and regulars when I tried to get everybody on to email so I could use my Travis Poker Director to send out the invites. This guy calls me and said he shares his email with his wife and half the time he never sees his emails so it would be easiest to just text him. Here's the problem buddy. Its easiest for YOU not for me. I am the one who has to do all the work!!!!

Ok rant over. Good grief its 2017 who the hell doesn't have an email account????

1. to come back to the original post I use a pretty similar approach to keeping our rosters where it needs to be:
  • New people can only come if they are invited by a “core player”
  • Core player are responsible for the player, and should not invite random people they would not invite to their house
  • All new player need to be approved by the host
  • Host will decide if the new player “ fits” with the group and decides if the person will be re-invited
  • At the end of the season the “core team” reviews the roster and decide if people are dropped. If they are I will explain to them that we are staying with game mostly with core player that can play regularly in the group (only happened once)
  • Any player that doesn’t respond to the invite twice in a row are automatically dropped (that is how we lose the most players), they can be re-added once, if they persist on not answering the invite they are out
  • Anyone with 2 no-shows with no reason/call/email are banned from the league (happened once)
2. We use Punchbowl for the invite system for two reasons
  • People can add the food or drinks they are bringing (avoids 12 pizzas....)
  • there is a function for couples that allows 1 of the two players to answer for both or just themselves... It works well for couples or player that drive together, one of the two can answer for both...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom