Adam Savage Teddy KGB poker table build! (1 Viewer)

Love this. I build a round table topper years back and it's design was mostly inspired by KBG's tables in Rounders. I'll have to grab some pics of it - don't have any on my phone.

Fun to watch, I'd love to see him tackle the project with a little more prep time and design. He realized a whole lot of "oh shit" moments that often take numerous builds to learn, lol.

Sooo many foam seams....

Fun to watch, I'd love to see him tackle the project with a little more prep time and design. He realized a whole lot of "oh shit" moments that often take numerous builds to learn, lol.

Sooo many foam seams....

Ok, so it wasn't just me. For some reason the video made me nervous at points? But I figured that may just be his style, talking it through as if he's figuring it out as he goes.

Completely different feel as compared to this PCF'ers recent filmed build: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/table-pron-pics.17451/post-1018214

Very cool, but more than a few cringe-worthy moments during the video watching it as a builder. But in the end, he built it for his own game and looks like he loves it, that's the most important part. Plus the pride that he built it himself.

"1 day build" though, since one of the really time consuming parts is doing all that kerf cutting which he did the day before. Still, respect!

Ok, so it wasn't just me. For some reason the video made me nervous at points? But I figured that may just be his style, talking it through as if he's figuring it out as he goes.

Completely different feel as compared to this PCF'ers recent filmed build: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/table-pron-pics.17451/post-1018214

100%, I wouldn't use his video as anything more than entertainment value. For an example build, the one you have quoted here is 1000 times better.

His hair made me giggle

Also, for a quick build I give him props definitely made something usuable pretty quickly....I dont know alot about table building but from what I've watched from others, it seems theres alot lacking lol still pretty cool. Also, the color might tilt me just a tad.

Last edited:
I liked the jig he had for his router, though I think he would've been better off using a jigsaw rather than the router (less wasted material, less sawdust, etc). Based on watching him on Mythbusters for years and other videos of his one day builds I'm not at all surprised at the problems he ran into. I'm guessing he'll play on that table 1-2 times max and decide to do it again, but make it bigger and with a bit more planning.

His jig tilted me a bit... I'm just surprised he denoted the circle diameter, and not the radius being cut. No biggie tho.

Watching this video was tons more entertaining that the actual work I have on my desk.

There’s always tomorrow for that.

This is the same size as the build in the video 1/2 sheet of plywood with the corners rounded off. 3” rail however.

It’s a good little bro to my other table. Matching velveteen and rail vinyl. Throw it on any round table and away we go.

7A21B3D0-530D-4D23-A239-929726F298BC.jpeg
F43F128E-0ABA-44FB-BB97-6CC6A352378A.jpeg

Fun video, thanks for sharing.

Given the state of his hands with one busted finger and another one with a sizable blood blister under the fingernail he soldiered through the upholstery like a champ. Definitely not a job I want to tackle with fingers that are already sore!

Having said that I had to skip past the section of the video when he started to staple the inner rail vinyl... the worst execution of the build for me.

First time I have seen one of those foam upholstery guns... do you use one @T_Chan ?

100%, I wouldn't use his video as anything more than entertainment value. For an example build, the one you have quoted here is 1000 times better.

Thanks - I haven't gotten a chance to watch the one day build video yet, but I hope to do so soon. I took months to finally edit and put out that video of a poker table build and he releases his video the next day. Hard to compete with that! Not that I'm really competing...

Thanks - I haven't gotten a chance to watch the one day build video yet, but I hope to do so soon. I took months to finally edit and put out that video of a poker table build and he releases his video the next day. Hard to compete with that! Not that I'm really competing...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this dude likely has a few more social media resources to assist with such projects..... :LOL: :laugh:

Nope, don't have a saw like that. I use a utility blade which has worked fine for me for the last 10 years. I have an electric knife that I only use in certain situations, but it's just a turkey carving knife that works well too.

I liked the jig he had for his router, though I think he would've been better off using a jigsaw rather than the router (less wasted material, less sawdust, etc). Based on watching him on Mythbusters for years and other videos of his one day builds I'm not at all surprised at the problems he ran into. I'm guessing he'll play on that table 1-2 times max and decide to do it again, but make it bigger and with a bit more planning.

I have used a Lewin compass for this for multiple projects and liked it, but didn’t have it for my most recent table I so I made one myself out of scrap wood. Not nearly as well made as the one he made but it got the job done. I did make a mistake measuring and drilling my holes for the radius when I did not account for the size of the bit when cutting the inside of the rail. So instead of a 5” rail, my table almost had a 4 3/4” rail but luckily I caught the mistake in time.

Hey guys, would you rather have a topper like the one in the video or a custom table with a dining room top (poker table is always underneath). The place I am thinking of would get heavy use as a dining room table.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom