Adam Savage Teddy KGB poker table build! (1 Viewer)

Thanks - I'm really glad you chimed in as someone who makes tables! Why would you go this route though?

A few reasons:
  • Typcially the table will be in "non poker" mode more often than poker mode. So having the dining topper over the permanent poker table, all the pieces are in place most of the time, the topper is only off to the side on poker nights. If you go the over route, you'd need a spot to store the poker topper when in dining mode.
  • Heights - typcially a poker table sits a little lower than a dining table. Having the dining topper over the poker table follows this pattern. A poker topper over a dining table may sit too high.
  • Durability - I'd be concerned that placing a heavy topper over a nice dining table would possibly scratch the table surface. You could add a cloth but then it may slide a bit unless the skirting is perfectly fit (usually there's a bit of play). Having the dining topper over the rail, it won't slide around as much (more friction because of the vinyl/suade/padding).
  • "Transformer" factor - There's just something really cool about having a poker table hiding within a seemingly normal looking dining table..... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

• Typcially the table will be in "non poker" mode more often than poker mode. So having the dining topper over the permanent poker table, all the pieces are in place most of the time, the topper is only off to the side on poker nights. If you go the over route, you'd need a spot to store the poker topper when in dining mode.
  • Heights - typcially a poker table sits a little lower than a dining table. Having the dining topper over the poker table follows this pattern. A poker topper over a dining table may sit too high.
Those were the two reasons I was thinking this way as well.
Inconveniently putting a dining table topper in another room for the duration of one evening, is better than needing a long term storage solution for a poker topper, which if well-built, could be extremely heavy and awkward to move.

Also the height consideration +100%.

I probably will too, just pricing isn’t in the cards for me right now. I think that may be the only thing left out of @Irish points above.

If I’m gonna get a dining room table with a poker table underneath it’s definitely going to be professionally done. If I’m doing that then I’m also getting some of the additional features to make the table stand out for me. I can’t do that now...a topper may be better suitable for the immediate future is all.

Totally understand that!! We love our topper, works great on our dining table. It will be quite awhile down the road for us as well before making a commitment like that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom