Active Poker Shows? (1 Viewer)

Mysticum

Pair
Reaction score
It would be nice to have sticky list with active poker shows or resources, but maybe that's too much to maintain.

Anyway, what are some active poker shows these days that you can watch?

I watched crazy amounts of poker in the early poker boom, including most things I could find, but these days I don't know what's going on anymore. WSoP is online this year and High Stakes Poker is long gone.

The only thing I've found so far is High Stakes Duel which was interesting but almost unwatchable due to the fact that the graphics is delayed 500 years after their actions. So stupid.

Any recommendations?

Well, obviously High Stakes Duel is an active running show?

Ok, what else can still my poker thirst that is fairly recent and accessible?

Pokergo has their heads up series going on now, but it's sort of an open, undefined format/schedule. But the first two matches between Helmuth and Antonio have been great.

Actually I think TCH has been doing some streaming recently. Had Brad Owen on not too long ago

LATB has also posted a ton of content on YT. Not current, still something to watch

To clarify some things about High Stakes Duel:

Third episode was recently released, but while the first two episodes were free on YouTube, the third one was behind a paywall, which was never mentioned before, and not advertised as such, creating much anger to people who wanted to continue to follow the series. Understandably so.

Instead, they released a pre-show leading up to the third battle. Sounds very interesting, but unfortunately, if I'm being kind, it was a fucking pile of horseshit and absolutely unwatchable. First of all, the video was constantly stuttering and lagging (and no, it was the way the video was made, not YouTube), so you got a headache just trying to watch the intro. Second of all, the host was the most terrible I've ever seen in a show ever. Constantly interrupting Phil Hellmuth and Antonio Esfandiari with his own comments, and not letting them answer his questions, and then moving on. The comments to the video really speaks to itself.

I could have payed to watch a good poker show right now. But I'm not paying a subscription to one single episode when the HUD graphics is constantly inaccurate, the comments interfering too much with the player talk, the host is the most annoying piece of shit I've ever seen, the "false advertising", and the low video quality. How one can fail this much 2020 is beyond my understanding.

To clarify some things about High Stakes Duel:

Third episode was recently released, but while the first two episodes were free on YouTube, the third one was behind a paywall, which was never mentioned before, and not advertised as such, creating much anger to people who wanted to continue to follow the series. Understandably so.

Instead, they released a pre-show leading up to the third battle. Sounds very interesting, but unfortunately, if I'm being kind, it was a fucking pile of horseshit and absolutely unwatchable. First of all, the video was constantly stuttering and lagging (and no, it was the way the video was made, not YouTube), so you got a headache just trying to watch the intro. Second of all, the host was the most terrible I've ever seen in a show ever. Constantly interrupting Phil Hellmuth and Antonio Esfandiari with his own comments, and not letting them answer his questions, and then moving on. The comments to the video really speaks to itself.

I could have payed to watch a good poker show right now. But I'm not paying a subscription to one single episode when the HUD graphics is constantly inaccurate, the comments interfering too much with the player talk, the host is the most annoying piece of shit I've ever seen, the "false advertising", and the low video quality. How one can fail this much 2020 is beyond my understanding.
Why would you watch the pre-show weigh in thing?
Yeah, it's pokergo - it's a subscription service. So I was pleasantly surprised when the first two were free. When the third one wasn't free, I smiled, said yeah you got me, and paid up, to watch some great poker.

Yeah, it's pokergo - it's a subscription service. So I was pleasantly surprised when the first two were free. When the third one wasn't free, I smiled, said yeah you got me, and paid up, to watch some great poker.

At first, I thought it was the third episode, and then I saw all the comments and thought that it couldn't be that bad. It wasn't, it was way, way worse.

Same here, I really enjoyed the first two episodes and will subscribe to watch the third if that’s what it takes.

Same here, I really enjoyed the first two episodes and will subscribe to watch the third if that’s what it takes.
A note on that. That used to offer month to month, which was great - pay $10 for june and see the WSOP. Now it seems their only options are quarterly for $40 or annual for $100. I googled and found a $10 off promo code so I got a quarterly plan for $30.
Then I put the cancel date on my calendar 3 months out, because they will auto-renew, of course.

A note on that. That used to offer month to month, which was great - pay $10 for june and see the WSOP. Now it seems their only options are quarterly for $40 or annual for $100. I googled and found a $10 off promo code so I got a quarterly plan for $30.
Then I put the cancel date on my calendar 3 months out, because they will auto-renew, of course.
Thanks, I’ll see if I can find one as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom