Acrylic chip rack, I should have known better (1 Viewer)

Meathead

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Like almost all of you I have multiple sets of chips and I have no shame in admitting I have some sets only marginally better in quality than dice chips. I generally keep the chips I use in the acrylic racks commonly sold by most vendors but I’ve been frustrated by their poor quality. The racks crack and break regularly. I’m putting together a wooden box for my “camping” chips. It is made to look like an ammo crate with chips stored in one half and a humidor, dice cups, etc. in the other half. It’s a box intended to be thrown in the bed of a pickup along with my other camping supplies. I have bought several 10 count Brybelly rack sets from Amazon for $14.99 and these are the ones I’ve become frustrated with. I found a similar looking rack for $6.99 also from Brybelly. Logic told me this single rack sold for nearly 5 times the cost of the racks in the 10 count meant the single rack was superior in quality. Common sense and 56 years of life lessons somehow got left out of this calculation.
Same shit for five times the cost. Don’t make the same mistake I did.
43DD9682-9F2A-476E-8F05-C6BCE72F65AB.jpeg

Thank you. I have Chipco racks for my ceramics; I knew there was better quality out there for clays.

Unique racks are the way to go. Can’t beat them IMO.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/racks-unique-ent-’s-rack-4200-paulson-mold.62717/
100% this. The pricing is very reasonable as well. The shipping is a bit of a pill, but the racks are very nice and comparible to the “nice” racks I got 20 years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom