ACR: 10NL Full Ring: The Suckouts Continue (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Hero jams flop multiway in 3bet flop. Only V calls. Unreal runout. 56% equity when I jammed ... I even hit the flush.
Gotta stop doing this. :(

1618240269912.png

Hero finally gets a break. CO opens, Hero 4x 3-bet, BB cold 3x 4-bet. Hero calls.
V leads flop for 1/3 pot and then jams turn. Prayed he didnt have AA. Yay!

1618259019519.png

Just to be clear... you are upset about the worst hand (preflop) losing by the river here? :)

Embrace the variance my friend! The beats always hurt more than the wins. The brain is just wired that way. You aren't getting more bad beats than anyone else at the table over time.

@Senzrock I was hero in that last hand, and I'm not upset :)
I was just teasing, but found it interesting that the framing for the thread was "suckouts" but actually in all 3 hands, the best hand pre-flop ended up winning on the final board (except the hand where you ran it twice and you actually got lucky!).

That is a very good point! Gotta work on my hand selection!
I actually think your hand selection appears to be very good, and you made a good move pushing the KQs on that J92ss board - you just lost a flip and you can't control that. Similarly, running QQ into AA, there's just nothing you can do about it, it's a setup from the start, I wouldn't reevaluate your hand selection based on that. My comments were primarily directed at this tendency (that we all have, especially playing online, it's just just you), but this tendency to name things bad beats or to frame it like we are the ones getting unlucky while our opponents don't have to suffer in the same way or are constantly rewarded by the unfair algorithm etc. I think this is an unsafe framework to adapt and it keeps us from winning more $$$ because we are so focused on the "unfair nature" of things. Good luck in your games!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom