ACL injury.... (2 Viewers)

@pltrgyst Yea, actually just got done with my first post op follow up. They unlocked my brace so I can bend my knee, removed the surgical tape securing the wound, and added steristrips. Said the swelling was common and everyone's experiences can be drastically different. She offered to take fluid off my knee but said it would go away no problem. Once that goes down, the quad can start firing and then it's back to walking without crutches. Hoping to hear postiive results from longflop!

Living the dream.
1555686707016804114199.jpg

Pretty smooth yesterday. I got there and they were running an hour behind. They took me back, i stripped and they put the iv in. Sat around for a while. Ended up talking to the anesthesiolis about youth hockey for a bit. They put something powerful in the iv and i got pretty stoned, pretty fast. Put in the nerve block then wheeled me back. I remebered that the nurse was rubbing my arm and i told her that was really comforting. Next thing i was coming to in recovery. Kind of a worst case scenario, they ended up repairing the meniscus, so I'm on crutches for 6 weeks. Not thrilled about that. Ended up puking this morning because all I had in my stomach was water and pills. Pains not too bad, mainly a heavy stiff feeling.
I'm doing toe pumpstand quad extensions in sets of 10. Ready to get going on the rehab.

Glad to hear it went fairly smooth. Puking sounds miserable while being pretty immobile. I've also heard the miniscus repair is common once they get in the knee. I was able to do my exercises on day 1 and 2 and day 3 swelling set in pretty heavy and blew my upper knee area up. That pretty much eliminates the quad from firing. Hoping your day 3 is better off than mine was. Apparently I wasn't given a nerve block, so I'm not sure why day 1 and 2 were so easy.

Funny story, walked into my appointment this morning, a girl that has surgery an hour before mine with the same surgeon was walking around with crutches in hand. She looked at me and kind of laughed that I was using my crutches. I asked if she had a cadeavor ligament, she said she had the Patellar tendon. Clearly in less pain than I am and way more mobile. So it will be interesting to compare our recovery time slows.

1.5 year later check in, how is it going? I honestly forget that I even hurt it. I don't wear the athletic brace playing golf or coaching, but if I am playing in a hockey game, I'll put it on. I was told to do that for two years after the surgery.

Now if I could just deal with these herniated discs.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom