Accessible non-red THC $5? (1 Viewer)

melocrit

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all, I am considering picking up some nickels since my group will be playing mostly microstakes. I find that a large proportion of THC chips marked with a non-demon 5 or 5c tend to be red, but this also lines up with the typical red $5 color and I want to avoid dirty stack issues as much as possible. Do you all have any recommendations for accessible $5 THC chips that are NOT red base? I know yellow $5's are a thing but they seem to be very difficult to find/rarely in the classifieds. Thanks!

Hello all, I am considering picking up some nickels since my group will be playing mostly microstakes. I find that a large proportion of THC chips marked with a non-demon 5 or 5c tend to be red, but this also lines up with the typical red $5 color and I want to avoid dirty stack issues as much as possible. Do you all have any recommendations for accessible $5 THC chips that are NOT red base? I know yellow $5's are a thing but they seem to be very difficult to find/rarely in the classifieds. Thanks!
edit: just to note, I want to slowly build up a THC mixed cash set that covers a wider range of buyins, covering microstakes for now but eventually covering mid stakes ($100 buy-in range) once I'm out of college and have a more substantial income to burn on poker.

Tough call. If you're dead set on THC, you may find that using an appropriately-coloured Starburst or other type of NCV chip may be best from a practical and economic point of view if you want something to use as nickels.

Semi-customization with your own aftermarket label (a.k.a. chip murder) should not be overlooked as a viable option, either.

Copa 5 might be a good chip for your nickel. They are fuchsia solids. With a bright red $5 with edge spots, they should play fine together.

Or you can always relabel. My micro set has Aurora Star $2 relabeled as 5¢.

These are out there in good numbers and very affordable. Depending on what your $5's look like, the fuchsia color should be different enough not to conflict.

Copa NCV 5.PNG

Copa 5 might be a good chip for your nickel. They are fuchsia solids. With a bright red $5 with edge spots, they should play fine together.

Or you can always relabel. My micro set has Aurora Star $2 relabeled as 5¢.
I don't think there would be problems with the Copa 5 mixed with a bright red with edge spots. But it might make the set look odd with too much in thar color family. Still, it would work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom