Accessible non-red THC $5?

melocrit

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all, I am considering picking up some nickels since my group will be playing mostly microstakes. I find that a large proportion of THC chips marked with a non-demon 5 or 5c tend to be red, but this also lines up with the typical red $5 color and I want to avoid dirty stack issues as much as possible. Do you all have any recommendations for accessible $5 THC chips that are NOT red base? I know yellow $5's are a thing but they seem to be very difficult to find/rarely in the classifieds. Thanks!

melocrit

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all, I am considering picking up some nickels since my group will be playing mostly microstakes. I find that a large proportion of THC chips marked with a non-demon 5 or 5c tend to be red, but this also lines up with the typical red $5 color and I want to avoid dirty stack issues as much as possible. Do you all have any recommendations for accessible $5 THC chips that are NOT red base? I know yellow $5's are a thing but they seem to be very difficult to find/rarely in the classifieds. Thanks!
edit: just to note, I want to slowly build up a THC mixed cash set that covers a wider range of buyins, covering microstakes for now but eventually covering mid stakes ($100 buy-in range) once I'm out of college and have a more substantial income to burn on poker.

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough call. If you're dead set on THC, you may find that using an appropriately-coloured Starburst or other type of NCV chip may be best from a practical and economic point of view if you want something to use as nickels.

Semi-customization with your own aftermarket label (a.k.a. chip murder) should not be overlooked as a viable option, either.

Saoliver

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copa 5 might be a good chip for your nickel. They are fuchsia solids. With a bright red $5 with edge spots, they should play fine together.

Or you can always relabel. My micro set has Aurora Star $2 relabeled as 5¢.

Mangatang

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
These are out there in good numbers and very affordable. Depending on what your $5's look like, the fuchsia color should be different enough not to conflict.

Copa NCV 5.PNG

BearMetal

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copa 5 might be a good chip for your nickel. They are fuchsia solids. With a bright red $5 with edge spots, they should play fine together.

Or you can always relabel. My micro set has Aurora Star $2 relabeled as 5¢.
I don't think there would be problems with the Copa 5 mixed with a bright red with edge spots. But it might make the set look odd with too much in thar color family. Still, it would work.

Top Bottom