Absolute must do's for home game (1 Viewer)

I didn't read the 59 replies. Consistency in your rulings are so important. Your rulings on fucked up hands/situations must be best for the long term of the game, not to make someone happy.
Yes I agree, especially when a "less experienced" player is at the table. Everybody has to be on the same page and they have to trust the game is going to be the same every time!

We find we like the action the Dealer winning generates, if it goes a couple orbits around can never be sure of their intentions. Float the Small Blind idea around next game and see what that danger that creates!
We do a bad beat jackpot every hour. And if nobody wins it just keeps building and building until somebody does

We do a small rake of each pot when it passes a certain amount. That's what makes up the bad beat jackpot. So not every pot gets raked
Yeah makes sense. I was just browsing around after you said that and saw another good idea of a high hand jackpot. Might be simpler for my crowd and create some good ole fashion shit talking

I'm writing up the rules for a HHJ now. Here's what I have so far:

- HHJ entry is $5 per player and entry is optional
- Player must use both hole cards to be eligible to win the HHJ
- Players present for the start of the game are eligible for the full jackpot
- Players who enter late are eligible for half the jackpot. The remaining half rolls over to the next game
- Players who opted not to enter at the start of the game, but wish to enter late, are eligible for half the jackpot.
- Jackpot is locked until the game exceeds 3 hours

Give me some input on lines 3 and 4. I'm going back and forth on whether or not to restrict on time vs late entries. Maybe I should just leave it open to anyone. They'd have to pay the same amount, so as long as they pay and satisfy the time limit, maybe it's fair game? Thoughts? I think I'll leave line 5 in place so you don't have a guy sitting there watching the action, then decide to enter because the HH is relatively low.

Well, for the debut of the HHJ, found this cool little thing to use as a “button” seemed festive , matches the DDLM’s and is perfectly sized.

D02EF92E-C724-456B-9625-311A88F67B2C.jpeg

I'm writing up the rules for a HHJ now. Here's what I have so far:

- HHJ entry is $5 per player and entry is optional
- Player must use both hole cards to be eligible to win the HHJ
- Players present for the start of the game are eligible for the full jackpot
- Players who enter late are eligible for half the jackpot. The remaining half rolls over to the next game
- Players who opted not to enter at the start of the game, but wish to enter late, are eligible for half the jackpot.
- Jackpot is locked until the game exceeds 3 hours

Give me some input on lines 3 and 4. I'm going back and forth on whether or not to restrict on time vs late entries. Maybe I should just leave it open to anyone. They'd have to pay the same amount, so as long as they pay and satisfy the time limit, maybe it's fair game? Thoughts? I think I'll leave line 5 in place so you don't have a guy sitting there watching the action, then decide to enter because the HH is relatively low.
Unless you are trying to incentivize arriving timely, you don't need 3 or 4. Late arrivals are already self penalizing by playing fewer hands.

Unless you are trying to incentivize arriving timely, you don't need 3 or 4. Late arrivals are already self penalizing by playing fewer hands.

Yeah for sure! I did take out 3 and 4, if nothing else just to keep it more simple haha.

Comfy chairs to me was #1. No one is gonna care you provided glizzys if their ass is numb by hour 2. I bought some stackable church chairs that my guys have been complimenting me on since we got them.
Very good point on the comfy chairs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom