Abbiati Interest (1 Viewer)

VMR911

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm putting the Biat signal up!

@Tommy, when is the next group buy for us to get some more Abbiati chips in play :p
62gnm9.jpg

Last edited:
uhhh, didn't the last one just wrap up?
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/park-place-gb-order-thread-cash-and-tourney-closed.73636/

And there was one last year? Crown Plaza.

I believe he mentioned at some point there'd be something where you'd be able to re-order either of these two sets, but I don't know if there is much of a rush there.

David
well I only joined this forum in Dec 2021 and my ask is a general curiosity not a demand. @Tommy already knows I'm one of his champions of rest and sleep! :p

I wrote a review somewhere on my experience with them last week if you are interested I'll try and find it.

Thank you. I knew I put it somewhere. Getting old is a bitch. I couldn't remember where I put it lol.

I hadn't seen it, so went to find it.
I agree with you on the fracs. It's why I couldn't keep them. The $1-20, fire. But my game relies on fracs too much.

I hadn't seen it, so went to find it.
I agree with you on the fracs. It's why I couldn't keep them. The $1-20, fire. But my game relies on fracs too much.

Fracs are just a placeholder in my game. They don't bother me as much.

That's what were here for :) I probably wouldn't sell mine if I didn't have another custom set on the way. I don't host enough to own this many sets :(

I need more elaboration. Crushes in a positive connotation or negative? :p

positive lol.......I love when the 1/5/20 or 25 play well together. Fracs are just in the game for blinds. I rarely get more than 2 barrels of the rebuys chips on the table (only a few times a $100 chip has hit the felt). The chips that are going to be primarily on the table, I want to "love".

Thank you both. Sometimes I'm tempted to get another Abbiati set even though I sold my Crown Plaza late last year. A lot of @detroitdad 's comments are how I feel too. I need to stick to clay as I really do enjoy them more.

I love ceramics. That is definitely in the minority. Several guys at my game commented that they preferred the "thud" sound, and the feel of the plastics over my ABC ceramics.

If we all liked the same thing this would be a boring ass place

positive lol.......I love when the 1/5/20 or 25 play well together. Fracs are just in the game for blinds. I rarely get more than 2 barrels of the rebuys chips on the table (only a few times a $100 chip has hit the felt). The chips that are going to be primarily on the table, I want to "love".
I share this philosophy. I agree

I love ceramics. That is definitely in the minority. Several guys at my game commented that they preferred the "thud" sound, and the feel of the plastics over my ABC ceramics.

If we all liked the same thing this would be a boring ass place
Same here. The poker crew absolutely loved the Abbiati chips. At first they were great to me but the black 20 confusion some of them had plus my preference for clay ended up with the Crown Plazas on the chopping block. Sometimes I'm tempted to go back but I have to keep remembering why I sold them in the first place.

Ceramics definitely have a higher pitched tone that keeps some people (like me) away from them. That said I just got two large card mold orders in and will get those in play sometime in the future.

card mold orders

The samples that I have handled I didn't care for. if I was looking for a starter set I would be all over these. Realistically, they aren't going to hit the felt over my other sets so I have avoided ordering any. I do like the looks of the China Club mold set though.

The samples that I have handled I didn't care for. if I was looking for a starter set I would be all over these. Realistically, they aren't going to hit the felt over my other sets so I have avoided ordering any. I do like the looks of the China Club mold set though.
Yea I mainly got the card molds because the price was right but also it allowed us a bit more free reign to copy some designs of chips I wanted (but can't really afford in their clay forms). No idea how long I'll own them but one set is a tourney set which I hardly ever do so may just keep around in case I do one day.

I believe there was a plan for (late?) this year to do another GB for both the Crown Plaza and the Park Place sets, but I'm not sure if the MOQ rules are relaxed a bit for 2nd orders since the art is already formatted.

I never thought I'd say this, but the per chip cost of brand new Abbiatis look like a comparative bargain next to most Paulsons being offered in Classifieds these days. This is not a bad thing, as it allows more hobbyists and players to acquire and appreciate the differences that these types of high end chips offer.

My only complaint about them is the fact that they are built around a big metal slug. If they dropped their 39mm weight to under 10.5g and had their label adhere to the plastic, I believe it would be more enjoyable to handle and much much easier to re-customize.

I owned both park place and still own Crown Plaza. The Crown $5 is just fire to me but the park $100 is beautiful as well. With the $5 being the work horse I decided to stay with Crown. These Abbiati chips are superior to any plastics I’ve handled, so much I sold my bud jones chips. I love the feel, sound and weight. I’d be interested if they did another gb add on or new set as well if design is great. If I could change something in the design (not sure if it’s possible) but it would be the dots, dots remind me of dice chips and without the dots they’d look closer to clay patterns.

I really like the Crown Plaza tourney set, but just wish the 1K and 5K chip colors were swapped. Never seen an orange 1K chip before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom