AA vs KK 5 handed (1 Viewer)

I am at Windy City meetup and early on last night I was dealt kk in a cash game. @Jeff neighbor who is unknown to me raised to 6 in early position and I made it 16. Folded back to him and he shoved all in quite dramatically. I tanked for a second, thought of this thread and called. He had aces and I lost.
So the above is proof you should fold kk preflop almost always to a shove (joking on this part).

Fight_in_ice_hockey_2009.JPG

I had just bought in so I was right around 100, he had been on a bit of a heater I think and had around 200ish. I really did consider folding, I’d say I felt 60 call 40 fold to verbalize.

Yeah, it's a pretty big overbet, but unless stacks were well into nosebleed territory or you had some incredible read, folding KK isn't even an option there.

Here is how I see the KK vs AA preflop shove, call or fold question. If you have KK and are "certain" from the betting pattern, playing style, etc... that the villan has AA, KK, or AK suited, it becomes a math question. He has 2 ways to make AKs, 1 way to make KK, and 6 ways to make AA. Not getting 2 to 1 on the call, ... Take AKs out of the equasion or have the encounter early in a tournament and the decision is even easier.

Had someone I considered a good player call my AA shove with KK early in my home game tournament. Before calling in he stated "I know you have aces or kings." Of course he floped a K. LOL.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom