A2s in the big blind (1 Viewer)

*** Results ***

I was expecting more divergence on the river options. It took Hero a while to conclude check/call - but maybe not calling a full shove.

Hero checks, villain ponders a bit and bets $60. Hero calls and villain tables a set of threes - - - :3c: :3d:

Villain makes a fine read on the river, making a thin value bet that Hero can call.

Dang, that left a mark -=- DrStrange

PS and I am left wondering if villain would have folded to a shove, but I can not convince myself that shoving was even close to a reasonable play.

Hard to rationalize a shove on any street in the circumstances... Perhaps on the turn.

I wonder if the net loss would have been lower had you not bet the $50 on the turn, and whether that can be rationalized?

Maybe check-shove would have been the best way to get a fold on the turn...

Last edited:
PS and I am left wondering if villain would have folded to a shove, but I can not convince myself that shoving was even close to a reasonable play.

Villains range is heavily biased towards non-nut hands so shoving isn't totally insane, but it relies on villain making a tough fold.

I lose a lot of money trying to make bad players make good folds.

Playing 1-2 live, eight handed. We are mid-way through a normal session. The table is in a good mood. Lots of horse play and trash talking with chips flying around. Tonight we are playing with the ceramic Hard Rock Café Albuquerque set.

Cast of characters:

Hero has the big blind with $400 in play. Hero has been chipping up all night having never lost a major confrontation (but has been caught bluffing with nine high,)

UTG has $275 and is having a slow start to his session. He is a profitable semi-TAG Really more a semi lose / semi aggressive fit-fold guy.

UTG +1 is our young LAG playing $700. This is his first good session in months and he is in full LAG mode.

MP is our ultra sticky calling station. Loose, passive and just hates to fold. Playing $400.

The hand:

UTG semi-TAG limps. Young LAG raises to $7. Only the calling station calls, which is a little surprising. Action on Hero who holds :as: :2s:. Should he call $5 more? Raise (if so how much)? or fold.

DrStrange

Action? Loose? lol I would look at UTG and UTG+1 to see if they looked like they would call. (what I call percieved implied odds lol) Young LAG raised the blinds and 2 limpers only 2.5X BB. Not an extreme raise there. Sounds like he was just trying to build the pot.

Assuming the UTG and UTG+1 fold, you are getting slightly better than 4:1 while 200BB deep to see a flop with a nut flush type of hand. Call, hope to flop big and destroy.

If you call, flop top pair, either bet 3/4 pot if its heads up against LAG or check-raise if you feel he is weak.

If you bet and dipshit LAG 3-bets into you, try to remember his 3-betting frequency, and see if you can gauge anything from him physically that suggests a bluff.

If you feel he is bluffing, put him to the test and jam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom