A tournament hand happened (1 Viewer)

Frogzilla

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Early stages of a $300 bounty tournament. Blinds 100/200. Start stacks ~25000, most stacks in that range.

Villain UTG blind raises pre deal to 500.
UTG1 fold
LJ blind reraises post deal to 900.
Folds to button who calls the 900. Dunno if he realized he’s limping like a fish. He old and has a goatee.
Sb folds because he hates money.
BB me makes it 4000 with K2o
1st blind raiser looks then folds
2nd blind raiser blind calls
Goatee man folds,

Heads up pot 9700 to T93 rainbow, BB me bets 3000, LJ looks at his hand (I smell fear) then calls. Turn brick probably something like a 4, I bet 7000 with only 9000 back, LJ open folds his 9x (2nd pair), i of course show my K2 no draw

Pokerrrrrrrrrr

Yes of course.

Another hand history you want. Another hand history you shall have
Blinds up to 200/300. Hero UTG opens A4o to 800 to because it kind of looks like AA.
7 callers including one person calling for 700 all-in
Flop (5600 and a bounty in main - bounty worth 8000 chips, 700 on side). A26, hero bets 3000, all the scrubs on the side fold, all-in player has QJ and runout clean.

Yes of course.

Another hand history you want. Another hand history you shall have
Blinds up to 200/300. Hero UTG opens A4o to 800 to because it kind of looks like AA.
7 callers including one person calling for 700 all-in
Flop (5600 and a bounty in main - bounty worth 8000 chips, 700 on side). A26, hero bets 3000, all the scrubs on the side fold, all-in player has QJ and runout clean.
The same people that saw you show K2o?

Address please…

More hand history. UTG blind raises to 900. HJ calls. Button me raise AKo to 4500. Blind raiser folds. HJ says “Call All in”. Puts his chips in the middle 18000ish. Dealer looks at me “do you want the floor”. I said “just want to know the action to me”. Dealer said “he said call all in”. I say “so what’s the action”. “Do you want to call floor”. Sigh I ask “so is he all in”, dealer nods, I say “call”. Obviously wanted stacks in, probably could have had it ruled a call, dunno if I angled or not. Borderline.

Opinions welcome on how shitty it was for me to let his “call all in” statement be ruled all in
You didn't angle. It's not your job to make the ruling. I suppose you could have argued that it was a call, but it seems the villain wanted to put all his chips in.

More hand history. UTG blind raises to 900. HJ calls. Button me raise AKo to 4500. Blind raiser folds. HJ says “Call All in”. Puts his chips in the middle 18000ish. Dealer looks at me “do you want the floor”. I said “just want to know the action to me”. Dealer said “he said call all in”. I say “so what’s the action”. “Do you want to call floor”. Sigh I ask “so is he all in”, dealer nods, I say “call”. Obviously wanted stacks in, probably could have had it ruled a call, dunno if I angled or not. Borderline.
The fact that someone actually said "call all in" in the first place is just ridiculous. This would be the same guy that would turn over A3 vs my AK and the flop would be 339. Then he would give all my chips to someone else at the table 4 hands later with bottom pair.
100% not an angle, AK is a drawing hand, you could be behind. As a matter of fact he could be playing super dumb and turn over AA and pull the ole reverse angle. lol

Dealer looks at me “do you want the floor”. I said “just want to know the action to me”. Dealer said “he said call all in”. I say “so what’s the action”. “Do you want to call floor”.
The way this reads it sounds like the Dealer knew the action was ambiguous and expected you to be a troublemaker. Congrats! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

And then I’m playing 1/2, fairly tight, and have so far stacked 5 people

7D10C43B-FB3B-4BEC-9C78-FEA24B6D2EAD.jpeg

Interesting spot yesterday, curious thoughts on it. Stone bubble of a $1k. Mincash not posted bc it’s a multiflight thing but expect ~$2200 maybe a little more. Some of the field satellited in. Anyways, tight bubble play is very much in effect.

Avg stack 28bb. Low stack 15bb. Hero 34 bb. Villain in BB 24bb to start hand

Open up :jc::tc: in CO to 2.2 bb, BB calls.

Flop (5.9 bb) :kd::qc::9d: BB leads for 5 bb. What’s best play here with flopped straight on a 2 suit board?

With an opportunity to pick up to gain 8bb with a fold, and be way ahead of anything if villain calls, I think I'm choosing jam over calling and letting villain catch up for free.

You would be surprised how many people think the min raise is nothing and think nothing of calling it. Min raise. A dud on the turn and min raise again

Got JJ in against KQ pre… runout was one of the unusual ones for KQ, TT9TT

I saw something like this in WPT? final table long time ago. I can find the clip but I think it was final 3

Hero: KK
Villain: Ax
Flop :K88
Turn:8
River:8

If someone can find that clip I’d appreciate it.

Interesting spot yesterday, curious thoughts on it. Stone bubble of a $1k. Mincash not posted bc it’s a multiflight thing but expect ~$2200 maybe a little more. Some of the field satellited in. Anyways, tight bubble play is very much in effect.

Avg stack 28bb. Low stack 15bb. Hero 34 bb. Villain in BB 24bb to start hand

Open up :jc::tc: in CO to 2.2 bb, BB calls.

Flop (5.9 bb) :kd::qc::9d: BB leads for 5 bb. What’s best play here with flopped straight on a 2 suit board?

If "tight bubble play is very much in effect" why are we opening JTs? Is it because we expect to pick this up rather often if the remaining players are in the same mode?

My instinct is to jam, I don't see villain with any sets here other than 99, though I suppose QQ would not be shocking given the dynamic. (But I would think BB would be glad to 3-bet that in this spot preflop against a likely steal-open.) Villain can have some diamonds here which is the vulnerability here. I don't know how many diamond combos villian would be betting, if we expect him to play tight, but I would guess they are also gutshots. Maybe it's exactly :ad: :qd: or :ad: :jd:. Villain could have kings up too as well I suppose. This pot has 10 BB in it which is huge toward coasting to the bubble, I think it's worth the risk to go for it now.

However, I think I could make a case for a conservative approach of waiting for a "safe" turn if we don't want to risk it all in a possible 60-40 spot. So we could flat the 5BB and plan to shove on a non-diamond, non-paired turn. The main downside to this approach is we check ourselves a loser in a 10BB pot somewhat frequently, that's bad news. But we do ensure we end the hand with 27BB which is comfortably ahead of the low stack. (But if that's the primary concern, why did we put 2.2BB in preflop?) that said, more of the deck is safe than not, so in most cases we will still get to shove without fear.

Tough choice, but I think I would shove in hero's shoes, but I think I am open to convincing otherwise.

Quite a sequence yesterday in the tourney.

Hand of note #1
KQ gets it in vs KK pre. KK covers. Rick the dealer takes a long time to get the pot right. Counts down KQ stack. KK obviously covers. Counts out the bet from KK. Pulls all into middle, and then proceeds to slowly deal the board. At this point, KQ is at the cage rebuying. Board of course runs out AQJT4 for a chop.

Now here’s the thing about Rick. Rick is very deliberate (aka slow), Rick is quiet, Rick is passive. Rick is who you want dealing your table when it’s closing in on the bubble, you will have half as many hands, you will print money.

Anyways, KK loudmouth becomes quite aggressive. Shouting down anyone. “That’s my pot, his hand is dead. He left it. Hand is dead. You can’t leave your hand it’s always dead.” Rick asks for floor as he should. The correct ruling in this spot, as almost everyone reading this knows, is that the pot is chopped, and the player who abandoned the hand is subject to a warning and/or penalty at the floor’s discretion. Before the floor gets there, and loudmouth is nonstop saying the hand is dead, the pot starts to move. I say “don’t push that pot yet Rick” but he’s already pushed 5% of the way there and that’s good enough for loudmouth, who quickly takes it the other 95% and assimilates it into his stack. Loudmouth and the floor attempt to have a discussion, but loudmouth will not let the floor get in 2 words of explanation. The chips are already in the stack at this point, the KQ is busted in pokeratlas and has rebought, it’s going to be a ridiculous challenge on a busy day to make this right. The experienced floor agrees to kill the KQ but tries to explain that’s not the normal ruling and that his hand shouldn’t have been dead. Loudmouth hears and processes NONE of it.

Hand #2
I lose a flip AQ vs 66 and has a total of 0.1 BB remaining (200 at 1000/2000 with 2000 ante).

Hand of note #3
Dealer push to an inexperienced dealer. I shove 200 UTG. 3 callers of 2000 blind and BB checks option. 5 ways to flop. Now everyone has put in 2x 1000 chips to call the 2k big blind so I try to help the dealer, I say “I think 1k in the main and the rest in the side”. Immediately that’s what happens, and so immediately I say “oh the 2k ante stays in the main too”. This is where loudmouth can’t help himself. “He’s only got 200 he can’t win the ante.” Floor called, a newer floor is confused and loudmouth will not shut up. “He only had 200 he can only win what he put in there has to be a side pot.” Obviously true things, obviously not what the discussion is, only discussing the ante, floor is confused whether I’m big blind and there is even an ante, anyways I lose that battle. Ante is in the side pot. Experienced floor rectifies by the time the turn was dealt. Of course the ante is in the main pot. Newer floor catches me on break and apologizes with the confusion. Quite difficult to have a discussion when a loudmouth refuses to let anyone else speak.

Anyways, loudmouth is getting slowrolled one day. Hard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom