A square is a rectangle, a hotdog is a sandwich... (1 Viewer)

RudysNYC

Flush
Reaction score
But is a royal flush a fundamentally different hand than a straight flush? I'd argue "uhhh, no." I don't know how classifying a royal flush as a distinctly different hand ranking than a straight flush became the standard, because it's the most tilting thing possible. It's a nickname at best, no different than Broadway or Speed Limit.

The only good answer I can come up with is that USPCC/the Playing Card Mafia decided they needed an even number of possible hands for their godforsaken hand rankings charts, which is a bullsh!t reason to corrupt the minds of generations of new poker players. Maybe I'm just neurotic, but gtfo my face with this "royal flush is a separate hand ranking." Where do we stop? This aggression will not stand, man.

IMG_2913.JPG

Funny, not so long ago someone posted the same thread. Just a minute.....
Searched "royal flush different" and came back empty, if you do find the thread though would be great because this has been bothering me lol

It'll take a little getting used to but it gets easy quick. Search "royal flush", check Titles Only, and you should get it as second result.
Thanks friend :tup:

At least I got used to PCF way quicker than the Chip Board...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom