A square is a rectangle, a hotdog is a sandwich...

RudysNYC

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But is a royal flush a fundamentally different hand than a straight flush? I'd argue "uhhh, no." I don't know how classifying a royal flush as a distinctly different hand ranking than a straight flush became the standard, because it's the most tilting thing possible. It's a nickname at best, no different than Broadway or Speed Limit.

The only good answer I can come up with is that USPCC/the Playing Card Mafia decided they needed an even number of possible hands for their godforsaken hand rankings charts, which is a bullsh!t reason to corrupt the minds of generations of new poker players. Maybe I'm just neurotic, but gtfo my face with this "royal flush is a separate hand ranking." Where do we stop? This aggression will not stand, man.

IMG_2913.JPG

RudysNYC

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, not so long ago someone posted the same thread. Just a minute.....
Searched "royal flush different" and came back empty, if you do find the thread though would be great because this has been bothering me lol

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Searched "royal flush different" and came back empty, if you do find the thread though would be great because this has been bothering me lol
It'll take a little getting used to but it gets easy quick. Search "royal flush", check Titles Only, and you should get it as second result.

RudysNYC

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll take a little getting used to but it gets easy quick. Search "royal flush", check Titles Only, and you should get it as second result.
Thanks friend :tup:

At least I got used to PCF way quicker than the Chip Board...

Top Bottom