A Song of Ice and Fire set - J5 inlays added as they arrive (1 Viewer)

stocky

Full House
Reaction score
Posting here from that "other place"

So I've been playing around with this set for over a year now. When the Evil Dr took over ASM I thought my dreams were crushed. Then the David's and Jim resurrected the custom chip market with CPC and revived my custom set dreams.

So fingers crossed the FDL mold gets fixed also.

Anyway on to the chips, I've changed my mind so many times with the 1000 & 5000 I've locked in the 5000 with a Bolton chip. With Redbellys 25k spot pattern. The 1000 is still a work in progress. I'm now thinking arc yellow base with dg peach and dg orange spots. Anyone see a problem with it? Looking at the samples in person it looks like there will be enough contrast but I've never seen these two colors together before on one chip.

25 - House Tyrell
100 - House Greyjoy
500 - House Tully
1000 - House Martell
5000 - House Bolton

BWB bounty chip

also so for those wondering where house Stark and the rest are. They will be in the cash set.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 445
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Still very excited and down for a sample set as well. Fingers crossed on FDL.

I'm really surprised this doesn't infringe on any copyright law, haha. But if these do go through, can I also put myself down for a sample set? I'm an enormous fan of A Song of Fire and Ice

From the old thread, I believe stocky has written permission from the relevant parties to produce these chips, which is awesome.

Yes I did get permission from George RR Martin to get these made. As long as it wasn't mass produced or for commercial gain.

I can't wait to see what J5 does with all the house.

Getting GRRM's blessing is the nuts.

Good news on the FDL mold.

"Well, the great news is that we fixed it!!!!

We reached the target during last week and started work on it straight away. Sorry I was unable to post progress here although I tried plenty of times.
It has been uninstalled for final fine tuning and while we work on other orders but it could be available a little earlier than I had planned for anyone who is ready.

I got a couple of last minute orders from outside of here so once we start we will have about 4 weeks worth of orders (or more if it is interspersed with other stuff) so there will be plenty opportunity to stagger the order they are made in to take account of those who are ready before others.

What would help us plan is knowing which colors are going to be needed as the clay preparation is obviously the first thing (and done well ahead of time).

As I have no guarantee people will be able to post here (or that I can read PM's) I will deal with everyone by email for now. Within a week I will touch base with everyone to see what stage everyone is at and when they will be ready.

As promised, everyone in on this will have their chips made as soon as everyone is ready, and of course before the mold comes out.

If anyone else enquires then I will have to look on a case by case basis as to whether they can be fitted in this time round or not. No promises there.

Thanks for the support of the 10 customers who helped make this happen
smile.gif

All 7 people in the original thread plus three 'guests' all came good by the death."

Yes saw that in the "other place"

email from J5 this morning. Haven't really looked to much at them but will post it here anyway.

Damn John, sort of wish he'd just send one design and say "here it is now go away"

The red font will tie in with the others but man that white font REALLY pops, I'm not 100% on the banner but he mentioned he added it to lessen the gap between image and text down the bottom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 279
These are starting to look nice, from those last 4 i would say top right or bottom left, kindof like the banner.

Yes saw that in the "other place"

email from J5 this morning. Haven't really looked to much at them but will post it here anyway.

Damn John, sort of wish he'd just send one design and say "here it is now go away"

The red font will tie in with the others but man that white font REALLY pops, I'm not 100% on the banner but he mentioned he added it to lessen the gap between image and text down the bottom.

That's the thing with working with John. He gives you so much to chew on you have to really slow it down and give it some thought.

Man these are going to look so phenomenal by the time you get all the houses done. Salivating at a sample set of these for sure :)

Thanks for all the kind words. Hopefully have something more to show from J5 soon.

Then it it will be sample ordering time :)

Can't wait to see how epic J5's house Targaryan turns out.

You have to do something Dothraki though. Maybe dealer buttons?

Can't wait to see how epic J5's house Targaryan turns out.

You have to do something Dothraki though. Maybe dealer buttons?

Targaryan won't be for a while unfortunately. It's in the cash set plans which will be some time away.

No plans for a dealer button yet but open to ideas. Dotharki is a cool idea, I was also thinking maybe hedge knight DB (Ser Duncan the tall?)

How about Tyrion as a dealer?
(Or whoever is your favorite character)

I'd say the valor morgalis coin should be the db

A nice idea but to me it screams bounty.

I was thinking about having a custom felt printed with a map of westeros but think it may to busy. If I did it would be cool to have a small ship traveling around it. ;)

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

New thought.

Kings guard dealer button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 254

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom