A set I recently bought! (1 Viewer)

Karimtl

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I recently bought a 2000 chip set on a road trip to Manchester NH. The chips aren't great quality, but the volume alone makes it an amazing deal for 50 USD. What do you think? I'm looking to but a huge cash set if anyone has offers

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_170838.jpg
    IMG_20220305_170838.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_20220305_143622.jpg
    IMG_20220305_143622.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_20220305_143832.jpg
    IMG_20220305_143832.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20220304_133659.jpg
    IMG_20220304_133659.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_20220305_143712.jpg
    IMG_20220305_143712.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20220304_133618.jpg
    IMG_20220304_133618.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 401
hard to go wrong at $50 if you need chips.

Not sure how you’d ever need that many considering the size of the table though. :unsure:

What kind of cash chips are you looking for?

For fifty bucks it's hard to go wrong. The case alone makes that a good buy; that's a great way to carry 2000 chips.

Whether you'll ever need that many chips in one place is another question. Depends on how many tables you're running at once. You can get by pretty comfortably with 400 chips per table for a tournament (I assume these are for a tournament, since there's no $1 chips), but there's people who like to have even more than that.

The breakdown isn't ideal - the tens and the fifties aren't very useful, so given the option it'd be better to do without them and instead have more fives, twenty-fives, and hundreds. But since you got such a great deal it hardly matters, and it doesn't hurt anything having them (you may or may not want to use them, but that's up to you).

There's plenty of other chips that you might eventually decide are worth upgrading to, but in the meantime, if you like the way they look and feel then get 'em into play and enjoy your games!

You could sell that case for twice what you paid for everything, but I'd keep it. Don't think I've seen that before. Wondering now where I could find something like it.

General agreement all round, great pick up and loving that case Will need to keep an eye out for one of those

A case like that is on Worthpoint (see here), which means that at some point it was on eBay. But that could have been a long time ago. Nothing like that is on eBay now, not that I could find with a cursory search, anyway.

A case almost like that (very similar, but not the exact same model) was on sale at @Spinettis Gaming in 2016 (see here). Maybe they could tell us more about it. They don't seem to have anything like it now.

Couldn't find anything else like it on Google. Amazon has some rolling 1000-chip cases (see here), but they're flat, not a trunk full of trays like this one. Similar cases are available various other places as well.

There's a couple of other trunk-like rolling 1000-chip cases on Alibaba (see here and here) but of course you'd have to buy a hundred cases at once. And neither of them is the same as the one that @Karimtl found.

Found that case online a while back k but everywhere was sold out! Never found one so damn cool!

Chips look like my first denominated set 20 years ago and still have it
20210329_223359.jpg

They will definitely get the job done! Nice pick up and welcome to the forum!

Case alone is a good buy for $50. Chips…not so much, but you’re asking a forum full of poker chip snobs.

*You probably could get $50 easily selling the chips, but please don’t list them here on PCF.

Previous discussion of this kind of case: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/2000-chip-case.65393/

Looks like they've been unavailable at retailers for quite a long time.

If you wanted something like this, probably your best bet is to get something generic rather than poker-chip specific, and then just pack it with your chips in chip boxes (Warneke or Matsui or Apache or Bud Jones or whatever). Cases like this are sometimes called "trolley cases" and they're often used for makeup, jewelry, and watches by people going to trade shows. Or you could use plain old roll-aboard luggage.

Cool case for $50 if nothing else. I advise you don’t hang around here too long, you’re gonna get hooked and want to upgrade, go enjoy your chips now!
I already sold them! I will definitely be buying other chips!

You could sell that case for twice what you paid for everything, but I'd keep it. Don't think I've seen that before. Wondering now where I could find something like it.
I don't know where the original owner bought it from unfortunately. I should have asked

This case actually looks better than the one I had!

Found that case online a while back k but everywhere was sold out! Never found one so damn cool!

Chips look like my first denominated set 20 years ago and still have it
View attachment 877289
They will definitely get the job done! Nice pick up and welcome to the forum!
Thanks Ben , i appreciate it

hard to go wrong at $50 if you need chips.

Not sure how you’d ever need that many considering the size of the table though. :unsure:

What kind of cash chips are you looking for?
I'm open to suggestions, I've seen some ceramic chips I liked but I prefer simpler designs. I think the design on the tiki kings, Day of the dead, and similar chips are way to busy. Otherwise I'm open to clay, composites, etc.

I'm open to suggestions, I've seen some ceramic chips I liked but I prefer simpler designs. I think the design on the tiki kings, Day of the dead, and similar chips are way to busy.
I went to this link for semi custom Valentino chips for the same reason
https://brpropoker.com/collections/valentino/products/copy-of-semi-custom-valentino-poker-chip

Wow! It's a nice set. It's not cheap at all though! I checked the link at brpro. How much did you end up paying for your entire set?
I paid 784 for the chips. The plaques came from someone else (I think I got them from Apache but to be honest I can't remember). That was pre pandemic.

Look, I know they are expensive and I know money doesn't grow on trees. Hell, I have 2 kids that I would LOVE to put through college so I know it isn't easy. The way I look at it, I saved THOUSANDS because I got my chip purchase right the first time instead of buying set after set after set like lots of people here have done. Get you a sample set of regular Valentinos from BRPro and ask yourself "are these good to be my FOREVER chips?" If they are, then it is worth the money. If not, then continue looking.

I second BRPro, and for just a bit more you can go full custom if you want which can help 'justify' the price. :)

Be sure to check out the For Sale section of the website, welcome!

Nice pickup for the Case, not so much for the chips thot

They are still prob good for giving away or donating in the future when you upgrade to better chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom