A poker room in Georgia?!! (2 Viewers)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
So apparently a charity poker room in GA has recently gained a lot of popularity in the last year or so. Typically these ventures in my state only offer tournaments with absurd entry fees and prize pool deductions. But now Little Kings and Queens in Buford, GA is actually using the Texas model (albeit under a 501c) to run cash games. Membership, $15/hr time rake, dealer tipped in special tip chips.

I'm skeptical of how long this will last. But they are even running a live stream.

Their tourney chips are just stamped dice. Likely a holdover from their small time charity days. But their cash chips look like a stock ceramic of some sort though I'm unable to place it.

Screenshot_20210506-101214_YouTube.jpg

Anyone here by chance heard of this room, played there, or can identify the chip above?

So apparently a charity poker room in GA has recently gained a lot of popularity in the last year or so. Typically these ventures in my state only offer tournaments with absurd entry fees and prize pool deductions. But now Little Kings and Queens in Buford, GA is actually using the Texas model (albeit under a 501c) to run cash games. Membership, $15/hr time rake, dealer tipped in special tip chips.

I'm skeptical of how long this will last. But they are even running a live stream.

Their tourney chips are just stamped dice. Likely a holdover from their small time charity days. But their cash chips look like a stock ceramic of some sort though I'm unable to place it.

View attachment 694018

Anyone here by chance heard of this room, played there, or can identify the chip above?
I played there for the first time last week.

Annnnnnd....?
While I've never handled ceramic chips, I'm guessing these were ceramic based on the fact that they definitely weren't clay like Paulsons and didn't feel like B&G, Bud Jones, or China Clay plastic. The chip faces also had a bit of a non-stick rubbery feel to them. I wasn't a fan of the chips. The tables all have the super expensive high backed gaming chairs.

You can't tip the dealers with the standard cash game chips. You have to buy special tip token chips that can only be used as tips. (you can cash in the token chips back for money just like the standard cash game chips). Interestingly enough the also had slot machines along the edges of the room.

Think there was 8-10 tables in the room in all.

While I've never handled ceramic chips, I'm guessing these were ceramic based on the fact that they definitely weren't clay like Paulsons and didn't feel like B&G, Bud Jones, or China Clay plastic. The chip faces also had a bit of a non-stick rubbery feel to them. I wasn't a fan of the chips. The tables all have the super expensive high backed gaming chairs.

You can't tip the dealers with the standard cash game chips. You have to buy special tip token chips that can only be used as tips. (you can cash in the token chips back for money just like the standard cash game chips). Interestingly enough the also had slot machines along the edges of the room.

Think there was 8-10 tables in the room in all.
Did you play 1/3? How was the action? My wife has gone there, but only played the tournament.

Worth it at $15 an hour?
For me not really since it's too far off a drive since I live ITP. Makes more sense for me to play .5/1 online or 1/3 home games in the area. If I lived closer it would could be worth it, but I'd be much more likely to play 2/5 there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom