A note on shipping costs

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The options in my store for calculating the shipping cost are a little clunky and overly simplistic. As a result, sometimes the store may calculate that the shipping cost is higher than it needs to be (e.g. it thinks a Medium Flat Rate Box is needed when everything will actually fit in a Padded Flat Rate Envelope instead.

If this happens, don't worry. Just go ahead and complete the purchase, and if I can fit the order into a smaller or less expensive Priority Mail box, I will refund you the difference in the shipping cost!

I've only had to do this once so far, but I anticipate that it could happen more often as I add more stuff to the store. I'll keep adjusting my shipping calculations to try to avoid the problem.

Thanks,
Ben

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I've been sending our refunds on shipping costs, and I keep getting confused replies about it. Well, I learned that when I do that, Square sends out an email that looks like I'm refunding your whole order for some reason! Plus I enter a note about the refund like "Used a cheaper shipping option" and that note is nowhere to be found on the email it sends out, so it's quite confusing.

So, if you get an email that looks like this and is a refund for a couple bucks, don't worry! I haven't cancelled your order or anything. It's just a refund for shipping.

1610236367303.png

Top Bottom