A new look and minor changes at the Key West (1 Viewer)

dennis63

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
Final%20Banner_zpszkz36swh.png

The Key West's New Banner for 2016
The new Key West site banner

If you happen to stop by the Key West home page, you'll notice a few minor changes. First, the banner has been updated to a more colorful version of our (admittedly reserved) old banner. It still includes J5's beautiful Key West logo. Now, we show some product illustrations (and a colorized version of J5's palm trees from the logo). It takes forever to individually color those pixels!

A new advertiser for the Key West Site: Amazon

For the past few years, Google Ad Sense has been placing ads in a few places on the site, and ad revenue has trickled in. I've been looking for how to tweak that up a bit without going crazy with ads.

Today, I added some links to specific Amazon products. Their program allows me to be very selective about what I put on the site, I've targeted nice, high-end luxury items that might draw some interest here -- watches cologne, cigar humidors and the like -- and other things we don't sell, but would go naturally with things we do -- game room lamps, drink carts, etc.

The main idea is simple: increased ad revenue offsets chip prices, so we can continue to sell Key West chips below their manufacturing cost.

Shipping prices:

You probably already know the Postal Service increased prices last night. On some packages, the cost to ship is up over 14 percent. I had to adjust shipping prices accordingly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom