A home game with friends (2 Viewers)

Nothing about watching Doug Polk or Negreneau's Master Class will help you run a good game.

I submit the reason you're having trouble figuring out a good structure is because your chipset (both the denoms and the number of chips per denom) is terrible.

If you're serious about running a good game, you should consider picking up a new chipset. We can make suggestions for an efficient breakdown which will go along way towards helping you run a solid game.

IMO (and there are alot of opinions out there) the easiest tournament to run is a T500 base T100k tournament because except for the first two denoms, your chips increase 4-5x to the next denom.

If you're considering a cash game, you need some fracs at your limits.

I'm more of a serious player but my friends are playing for fun,if are max 8 players and each one has 57BBs will it feel to short or just fine?
I think i solved how I can play cash and tourney but
50×5
50×10
50×25
50×50
5×100
25×500
25×1000
For eight players in a tournament setting, your set is not configured very well (typical for many inexpensive sets). It contains too many individual denominations, and not enough of any of them to be useful or efficient. I'm also assuming that your list above contains a typo, and that you actually have 50×100 (for 300 total chips), and not just 5×100.

The most flexible chip sets are those which have chip denominations which are spaced 4x to 5x apart (for example: 5, 25, 100, 500). In your case, the 10 and 50 denominations are not very useful. The set would be much better if you had 100×5 and 100×25, with zero 10s or 50s. Similarly, either 75× or 100×100 would be better, with perhaps just 25×500 to top the set off (the 1000 chips aren't needed here, either). A 100-100-75-25 T5-base set is a much more flexible and efficient use of 300 total chips.

With a properly-configured 300-chip T5-base set (smallest denomination = 5), you can play 10-handed tournaments with the following starting stacks, using 5/10 blinds to start and increasing them at regular intervals (with the blind round durations and blind increase amounts dependent on how long you want the event to last):

10 x T5
10 x T25
7 x T100
---------------
27 chips each player, totaling 1000 (or 100bb with 5/10 opening blinds). For a deeper tournament (150bb), add a T500 chip to each starting chip stack (28 chips each = T1500). The extra 100 chips are used to replace (color-up) the smaller denominations when the blind levels get large enough that they are no longer needed for play.

Those numbers will ensure a sufficient number of useful denominations are in play to easily construct and count bets.

Play some play money games on Pokerstars or another online site. You really need to learn the basics. Pokerstars has free training lessons too.

Play some play money games on Pokerstars or another online site. You really need to learn the basics. Pokerstars has free training lessons too.
Yeah I have their playing app and watched their channel

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom