A Hawkeye State Hello... (2 Viewers)

I designed the labels myself at onlinelabels.com. And yes, I applied them myself. Over 4 thousand labels.
Dang... I've often thought about putting labels on myself to save money. Is there a system to this or a technique/tool to help? (sorry for all the questions - I don't want to start new threads w/ my ignorance on the subject)

Dang... I've often thought about putting labels on myself to save money. Is there a system to this or a technique/tool to help? (sorry for all the questions - I don't want to start new threads w/ my ignorance on the subject)
No worries! Applying labels takes very little skill. Just patience. Some people use an exacto knife to "grab" each label and place them on the chip. This is done to avoid oils from your hands messing with the label adhesive. I just grab them and apply. I can crank through a ton of labels pretty quickly - and I even took the extra time to make sure each label was applied to align with the chip edge spots (including having the front and back labels having the same "top" and "bottom" alignment). That part sounds like it's a lot of work, but it's not.

And the labels on that site are pretty much the same labels on say any custom chip website? Or is there a certain quality of paper that should be applied to the chips? Thanks, @Himewad!

And the labels on that site are pretty much the same labels on say any custom chip website? Or is there a certain quality of paper that should be applied to the chips? Thanks, @Himewad!
They have many different label colors and materials to choose from. I chose the weatherproof polyester for laser printers. I had them print the labels for me, although some people print their own. Then I sprayed the label with “Preserve It” prior to application.

Hello and welcome to the rabbit hole!
Don't be afraid to ask, weight the answer, consider your position and repeat.

So since all those chips basically look the same to me
So tell me, why do you want to move away from dice chips?

So tell me, why do you want to move away from dice chips?
There are a few reasons... 1) They don't stack very well. 2) I don't like the way they sound. 3) I don't like the way they feel. 4) Easily duplicated from a pocket at the table. 5) And I think I'm just plain sick of looking at them and want something that looks, feels, and sounds more professional. Something with some character.

Depending on how much money I win this weekend (wish me luck) at a buddy's poker game, I might be buying blank Royals next week. I then hope to put my own labels on them. I'll have to look into those options though, as I'm clueless on that.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm very new to all this... So since all those chips basically look the same to me, are we referring to the final four pictures in his post? Are those "Spirit Mold" Paulsons, or what exactly are "Spirit Mold" chips? If there's a link to learn answer to questions like this please direct me.

TYIA
The spirit mold chips fall into the category of “china clays”. They are injection molded plastic chips with additives to make them feel more like clay, and they typically don’t contain metal slugs, so they weigh around 9g/chip. China clay chips currently available are Milanos (available just about anywhere), and Dunes, Pharaohs, Majestics, and Royals from Apache. Past sets include spirit molds, 8v’s, Championship Poker Series (CPS), Desert Palms, and probably a couple other versions I can’t think of right now.

They are definitely a step up from dice chips, but have their downsides.

IME, of all the CC’s, Spirit molds feel and sound most like compressed clay chips, such as Paulsons, but they tend to be fragile. People have experienced everything from excessive flaking and flea bites to breaking with the slightest pressure.

Do your research, ask lots of questions, and get samples if you can.

All good points but

Easily duplicated from a pocket at the table.

You will need your to look for something else than mass production chips, therefore your $300 budget limit might be overrun

They don't stack very well: poor QA control, inherited from mass production

don't like the way they sound. : "sounds high pitch plastic". Try other material, ceramic, China "clay" or next-gen type of plastic

I don't like the way they feel.: get samples. I love how Matsui chips feels, but I like paulson weight better.

Enjoy the ride

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom