A Glimpse inside the Goldfish Bowl - my chipping journey so far .. (1 Viewer)

Goldfish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been asked more than a few times what is going on in the Goldfish bowl given my, what appears to be, erratic buying and selling patterns so I figured I would list all my sets in one place for those who care/want to see what I have been doing for the past two years plus. I will say 2 things: (1) (as I have said before) it has been a fantastic chipping journey so far, not only building awesome chips sets, but more importantly meeting, and interacting with, some all around great people. I am super excited to attend @CraigT78 DiD 2022 in two days, where I will catch up with chippers I have already met as well as see for the first time many that I have not yet had an opportunity to meet in person; and (2) YES, I have changed my mind more than a few times during my journey. I have bought chips, sold them, and bought them back a number of times. Buying and selling the same chips over and over again, a stash of nail polish remover that would make a nail salon jealous, many cleaning products including a salad spinner and ultrasonic - yes, my wife thinks I am crazy. Oh well, so be it. Now, on to the chip sets. I currently have 9 useable chips sets. Hope you all enjoy this pics!

First up is the chip set that started it all, Animal House 1.0. Created with the help of @p5woody, this set still sees action to this day. This set has gone through a few upgrades over the past year or so (Changed the $500s and the $5s). In fact, this is probably the second most used set in my collection.
441E20D6-2F0A-406D-8AAC-47167F67A5EC.jpeg

Second, another @p5woody creation, Animal House 2.0. A more bad ass upgraded version in the Animal House series, using a combination of THCs and IHCs. This set is brought out only for special occasions. Recently, I added .25 cent chips to expand the range of this chip set. And to answer the question you may be thinking…… YES, Animal House 3.0 is in process.
93965BAD-E140-45B0-B8EE-A2EDD6611FAB.jpeg

Third, is the first of two IHC sets. Those that know me know that I love 43 mm chips, especially for high denominations. So why not have a set made up of almost all IHCs. My BTP set, sets a high bar. To complete the set I relabeled Paris $1s as BTP 1s and RPC $5s as BTP 5s. Can never go wrong with a bear claw (sloth claw) set.
B9E1D2CD-C341-4967-B46A-A16358F2E51C.jpeg

Fourth, is my second IHC set. For this set, I relabeled ES .25s as SB 1s and SB .25s as SB 5s. This set has a bit more fire power cause I think everyone needs a set capable of handling a @Windwalker game in case he happens to come to town. Big boy chips for a big boy game……

55D24E56-5A1F-4B96-8491-A44D53E2D138.jpeg

Fifth, is my FLV set. THC, leaded (except for the IHCs) and awesome. As u can see, I added RPCs as $1k and Blurpurple chickens as $500s. This is my workhorse set, the most used set in my collection. I love everything about this set, especially the sound the leaded chips make when being shuffled.

F6204B4A-59D8-4750-97E4-415542ECF926.jpeg

Sixth, in my effort to be a well rounded chipper, I thought it would be a good idea to have a few micro stakes options. Given my love for everything Sunset Beach, I thought the SB cash game set would be the perfect set for this category. This set was recently completed with the addition of a rack of $100s (which I had, but sold, then bought back - so it goes). Time for a PCF game. Let’s go @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92!
EAAF976F-3E0B-4CC3-8B9F-8CBF6C892F8F.jpeg

Seventh, my second micro stakes set. Card mold set. While it’s not Paulson, I still love it. Great addition to the collection IMO.

C53CEF18-F5BB-44C3-A656-91DED16DBC27.jpeg

Eighth, my Matsui Radisson set. I had to do some sanding to make these chips a little less slippery, but these chips are awesome. I have only used this set a few times, but people really enjoyed changing it up.
275267F5-AD1D-4B83-9EEE-A5A209357D22.jpeg

Ninth, the newest addition - the Rabbit Hole. It was tough getting the spot progression right cause I was locked into using the BTP $2s as $25s, but with the help of the community I think the set turned out nice.
212C084D-32AE-4AF8-A2E8-3A622F9193FD.jpeg

Last edited:

megarises

Straight
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, but your thread is a real treat for me and I'm sure it is for many others. I always enjoy the frequent updates. The collection is really looking great!

Top Bottom