A Glimpse Inside The Goldfish Bowl - first time re-felt (1 Viewer)

Goldfish

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
There have been many “first times” since I joined this forum. But this was a big one. If the poker chips are the brains, I would say the poker table is the body. While you can mess up some chips and still play, if the table goes down everyone ends up playing on the floor.

Good news! The RE-felt was a success. The Maryland Terps felt lasted over 8 years. It had a good run. Now it is the time of “Animal House” - the name given our group by my wife. The felt now complements the custom chips.

I will say this was a lot of work! I am not a handy guy. It took a while but I got it done. Special thanks to @T_Chan (his felt) and @Richard Cranium for help along the way, to @p5woody for assistance with the chips and felt design, and of course @Gear for the chip labels. Can’t wait to host.
Before:
78E5C183-3A7D-483F-802C-90396BCC3BEA.jpeg

After:
54FD87BB-1954-4027-941C-4EFC88E18A09.jpeg

B8383B07-5BC6-4BAE-B802-04278FFE1A29.jpeg

E786E653-C0C0-4BE8-BA83-556959CB787B.jpeg

and the matching chips:
311E17F9-40FC-4F7D-A327-C945F23F958A.jpeg

Nice job on the felt and the chips! But we need to see the chips on the new felt :)

So, when I replaced the rail, it turns out that the rail didn’t sit flush against the felt leaving a space for the cards to slide under the rail. Everyone in the forum knows why that is a huge problem!!
I went to the local craft store looking for a fix that didn’t involve me taking off the rail, and found one! This thick soft blanket thread squeezed tightly under the rail all the way around and filled the gap nicely. Solved the problem without any chance of hurting the felt.

Thought I would share this fix in case anyone else ever has the same problem. This stuff is awesome and comes in numerous colors. I now buy more nail polish remover and yarn then my wife!! Winning......
B4E35B2F-37B6-4171-9124-1A13EB74562F.jpeg

Very interesting! Do you have a photo of it finished?
My only concern would be a spilled drink would wick the fluid up under the table and create quite a mess. Scotch guard maybe?

I can take a pic, but u can’t really see it because I pushed it back under the rail. If something spills I would rather it be soaked up by the blanket thread as opposed to the table. The thread is one connected piece all the way around the table so if something happens I can pull the entire thread out quickly and replace it with a new one. It’s very easy to install and cheap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom