A Fun 1/2 Hand Tonight - AK against Drunk Lady (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
So been playing at this 1/2 NL table at Silks Poker Room in Tampa, max buyin is $200.

Middle aged lady at my table is wearing this absolutely garish looking hat with "diamonds" all over it, and has been drinking a lot and it's showing.

She gets involved in a lot of hands and has been running pretty well, but takes many strange bluffing lines. As a for instance, she was in a hand where on the river the board had straight and flush possibilities and her opponent was essentially already all-in so she had no fold equity, and she bet into him with her bottom pair on the board when he had a set and got looked up.

In another hand against me (later after this hand) on the turn I had the nuts (broadway) but there was a potential flush draw. The flop had been checked and she led for $5 on the turn, everyone folded, I made it $25 and she called. Then the river was another broadway card meaning anyone with a King had the nuts and she shoved into me, but I already had the nuts so called and she flipped over Q4 offsuit for 2nd pair no kicker, then rebought.

So now onto my hand of the night. Bunch of limpers in EP/MP for $2 each, then the cutoff raises to $5. I look down at :ah::ks: in the SB and make it $25.

Now the drunk lady who limped for $2 makes it $100!!!!! Everyone folds to me. My remaining stack is $232. I decide to stick with a stop n' go here, since I'll have first-in bluffing equity on the flop, and we all know how hard it is to make a pair.

So the flop comes :8s::9c::8d:

I shove my $132 into the pot all-in and she thinks for a short bit and then says I call.

Turn: :9h:
River: :6d:

I turn my hand over and say "AK?" figuring I just HAVE to be beat here. She grimaces and turns over her hand and I double up.

Any guesses on what she held?

probably 55 or 77, she most likely grimaced knowing she was initially ahead and then got counterfeited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom