A Clusterf..... (3 Viewers)

I’m presuming that either one or both knew what they were doing but, if so, why would you continue to bet knowing your hand would be dead against an alive hand. The one person tabled his hand showing only the aces and when the dealer moved the cardsthe additional card was noticed.

The host awarded $3.50 to the BB ($0.50 + 1 + 1 + 1).

The rest of the pot was split (even though the person with AAK said they should play the hand out as super hold’em).

Both were warned that any misdials must be declared immediately.
Seems almost fair, but why didn't the small blind get back his half-dollar?

WTF?

I’m presuming that either one or both knew what they were doing but, if so, why would you continue to bet knowing your hand would be dead against an alive hand. The one person tabled his hand showing only the aces and when the dealer moved the cardsthe additional card was noticed.

The host awarded $3.50 to the BB ($0.50 + 1 + 1 + 1).

The rest of the pot was split (even though the person with AAK said they should play the hand out as super hold’em).

Both were warned that any misdials must be declared immediately.

If the BB gets anything more than his blind back, I am cashing out and leaving the game immediately to never return.

WTF?

If the BB gets anything more than his blind back, I am cashing out and leaving the game immediately to never return.
Right? There's zero reason why he and SB should have been treated differently, except that apparently BB was doing a lot of bitching. And if that's why he got a few bucks, that's some spineless flooring.

Let’s just assume for a moment that I’m the dealer at this table. Are all of the above proposed solutions before or after I do this?

1617642785766.gif

Both players table their cards but they were both dealt three cards (UTG+1 AAJ; CO AAK).
Wow, and how?

2. Dude, you need to replace those cards pronto. They are WAY too sticky.
Paging @Josh Kifer

Just refund everyone their money. Including the blinds. Reshuffle and deal a new hand.
I know this ruling is usually reserved for foul decks only, but I think I would be comfortable with this ruling if we assumed the players both made an innocent error.

However, if the error isn't innocent, I think the following ruling has some merit:

Both hands are dead and you have a hell of splash pot in the next hand. Players guilty of taking advantage of the situation are excluded from said splash pot.

This is pretty vindictive ruling though and if I felt a ruling this vindictive was in order, it's probably more diplomatic to boot the players after chopping the pot after refunding everyone else in the hand.

Wow, and how?

Paging @Josh Kifer

I know this ruling is usually reserved for foul decks only, but I think I would be comfortable with this ruling if we assumed the players both made an innocent error.

However, if the error isn't innocent, I think the following ruling has some merit:

Both hands are dead and you have a hell of splash pot in the next hand. Players guilty of taking advantage of the situation are excluded from said splash pot.

This is pretty vindictive ruling though and if I felt a ruling this vindictive was in order, it's probably more diplomatic to boot the players after chopping the pot after refunding everyone else in the hand.
If there was only someone who bought 2000 decks of cards on PCF......

http://www.gottatalkpoker.com/rrp/RobertsRules.pdf

3-GENERAL POKER RULES
DEAD HANDS
1. Your hand is declared dead if:
(a) You fold or announce that you are folding when facing a bet or a raise.
>>>> All players except villains are dead
(d) The hand does not contain the proper number of cards for that particular game
>>>> Villains hands are dead

Cancel the hand, refund everyone that put money in. Call dealer, BB, UTG+1 and CO for idiots. Button doesn't move. Try again.

Another interesting ruling / issue. Looking to get some feedback.

8-handed. Blinds 0.50/1.00. NLHE.

Hero folds UTG.

UTG+1 raises to $3
UTG+2 Fold
HJ Fold
CO reraises $7
D Fold
SB Fold
BB Fold

UTG+1 calls.

Pot $15.50

Flop: 4 7 9 (pretty sure rainbow)

UTG+1 bets $15
CO calls

Pot $45.50

Turn: 2

UTG+1 bets $40
CO reraises $150 (only $10 left)
UTG+1 goes all in
CO calls

Both players table their cards but they were both dealt three cards (UTG+1 AAJ; CO AAK).

I have never seen something like this before - especially this far into the action. I don’t think I’ve ever seen two people get dealt an extra card.

Dealer claims that both hands are dead. Host is called.

Big blind claims that he should be award the pot since he had the last live hand.
I mean if they were playing a ROE with nlhm and pineapple maybe theyd get pitched the cards, but its real hard to see how the hand could go that far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom