Not Mine 999 starbursts on ebay

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Do overstamps lessen their value?
Depends on who’s buying?
Plain starbursts are prettier than starbursts that have been stamped over another hot stamp. I’d prefer that mine not be over stamped, but not so much that it would affect how much I’d pay.
I think it makes a bigger difference to some people.
And of course, the barbarians who want to murder them and put labels on them wouldnt care at all.

DZPoker

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do overstamps lessen their value?
I'm a Starburst Guy, not a Murderer...and I actually prefer some of each of my colors to be overstamps. I like the story/history that tells of how Paulson used the Starburst stamp itself.

That being said...I do feel I'm in the minority and that I've been able to pick up overstamps a bit cheaper than non-overstamps. Most likely for the reasons stated above...that non-overstamps have a larger pool of buyers (adding in the "I want my crisp clean Starburst Stamp" crowd").

303Mike

Pair
Reaction score
I'm a Starburst Guy, not a Murderer...and I actually prefer some of each of my colors to be overstamps. I like the story/history that tells of how Paulson used the Starburst stamp itself.

That being said...I do feel I'm in the minority and that I've been able to pick up overstamps a bit cheaper than non-overstamps. Most likely for the reasons stated above...that non-overstamps have a larger pool of buyers (adding in the "I want my crisp clean Starburst Stamp" crowd").
You gonna be in the running for that set?

CrazyEddie

Flush
Reaction score
I've got a modest collection of cancellation stamped chips, not just Paulson but others including TR King and Langworthy, and I agree with you about the sense of history there. I've got a handful of Paulsons with varying molds, spots, and hotstamps that have all been cancelled with the Starburst stamp, and all together they look quite different from plain old Starbursts. I'm not sure what to do with them but I'd like to put them in play somehow... probably as bounty chips. :)

But when it comes to the bread-and-butter racks of colored solid Starbursts, I want to keep them as clean and overstamp-free as possible.

DZPoker

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna be in the running for that set?
Nope...very little in the case I could really use for my set (which is pretty close to complete at this point anyway!).

TeamNapoli

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I think someone paid that thinking either they will break down the chips sell separate for a profit or really needed to finish off their set..
I hope its the latter , I hate to see anyone loose money

Eloe2000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think someone paid that thinking either they will break down the chips sell separate for a profit or really needed to finish off their set..
I hope its the latter , I hate to see anyone loose money

There is no profit left in that sale price. This was about personal desire and deep pockets for those oranges.

Rieguy

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it was sitting at $1,525 for a couple days I really struggled with wanting to put in a bid to beat that just for the arc yellows. I guess I was little off in my estimation.

ChipEnvy

Flush
Reaction score
The only way to stop price explosion is to stop paying ridiculous prices.

100% this. People are lining up for TCR sale. They are going to be paying the same amount that they could get a fully custom set from CPC with sweet edgespots for some chips that came from a place called "JACK".

I get the disposable income aspect of this but this is getting to be disposable common sense. Starbursts for $2.50 per chip. Loonies.

BPTDirector

Flush
Reaction score
As far as I know there is NO CPC color and spot combination that costs $15.99 or $24.99 per chip. That’s insane! Especially for a chip that only shows up at the very end of a tournament. Really? How the hell did we get here? Supply and demand my ass! This is stupid.

Top Bottom