72 in round (1 Viewer)

So, are you trying to make a temporary poker table out of an existing 72" round table that you can't alter? That size is really big to reach pots in the middle.

it is above average, but its the size of table i need
Have you tried playing at a 6 foot table? I'm serious and I'm curious. Because here's how I imagine it -
The average person has something like a 28 inch reach across the table from the seated position. and maybe 36 inches when standing. So people will realistically push their bets out about two feet in front of them. Your pot is going to be a circle of bets in about 1 foot radius around the center of the table. The dealer isn't going to be able to pull those bets into the middle. How will the dealer make change for bets he can't reach? Is everybody going to stand up to put their bet into the middle?
I suppose it could work if you gave everybody one of those rakes they use at the craps table.

I suppose it could work if you gave everybody one of those rakes they use at the craps table.
I think some games actually do this no joke.

A poker lazy Susan might work too :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm a huge fan of round tables but 72 inches is just so many inches.

Interested in pictures when complete!

So, are you trying to make a temporary poker table out of an existing 72" round table that you can't alter? That size is really big to reach pots in the middle.
yes, i have a table i need to convert to a poker table temporary.

Have you tried playing at a 6 foot table? I'm serious and I'm curious. Because here's how I imagine it -
The average person has something like a 28 inch reach across the table from the seated position. and maybe 36 inches when standing. So people will realistically push their bets out about two feet in front of them. Your pot is going to be a circle of bets in about 1 foot radius around the center of the table. The dealer isn't going to be able to pull those bets into the middle. How will the dealer make change for bets he can't reach? Is everybody going to stand up to put their bet into the middle?
We have played on this table before as an over fill and it isn't ideal for sure. However the poker table at the house was destroyed and i need a temporary solution until i decide to do a new table there or bring one from my main home and get a new one for my main house.

It looks like Poker Hoody goes that large, but their ordering is suspended right now.
https://www.pokerhoody.com/

Maybe get a piece of neoprene?
Great find ..thanks dam this pandemic is a PITA

I was thinking a neoprene\speed cloth, but both fabric stores near me don't carry them. Other fabric stores i called the widest i found was i think 54 in.

FORZAAAAAA NAPOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
81MZofEfg1L._SX355_.jpg

the poker table at the house was destroyed and i need a temporary solution until i decide to do a new table there or bring one from my main home and get a new one for my main house
Hopefully, it wasn't destroyed due to a fire/flood etc. I hope it at least involved a very bad beat or suckout. That would make a great story.

I haven't seen the damage myself, but my nephew asked if he could use the the cabin (its not a cabin but a regular house). He asked if his gf can bring her cat since she couldn't find a sitter. My typical question when ppl ask if they can bring pets is "is it house broken" and make sure no other guest have issues with pets otherwise I dont care. Now this girl is 110 lbs soaking wet and about 5ft5, so when he said her cat, I imagined a house cat. When he told me the felt and rails were shredded and the wood had claw marks in it, thats when i asked what type of f### cat is it. I have 2 cats and a dog, maybe it caught their scent who knows.
You know I think I would have preferred to hear it was a bunch of college kids who party got out of hand.

I haven't seen the damage myself, but my nephew asked if he could use the the cabin (its not a cabin but a regular house). He asked if his gf can bring her cat since she couldn't find a sitter. My typical question when ppl ask if they can bring pets is "is it house broken" and make sure no other guest have issues with pets otherwise I dont care. Now this girl is 110 lbs soaking wet and about 5ft5, so when he said her cat, I imagined a house cat. When he told me the felt and rails were shredded and the wood had claw marks in it, thats when i asked what type of f### cat is it. I have 2 cats and a dog, maybe it caught their scent who knows.
You know I think I would have preferred to hear it was a bunch of college kids who party got out of hand.
Holy crap, what a nightmare!

That makes more sense. I just assumed you were crazy enough to let a buffalo bills fan near your table.

Bed sheet?
You might laugh but when I first started out, I had a 4' round table with extensions that I used as our poker table. Being poor as shit, I bought some of that non-slip shelving/carpet type padding (kinda looks like a basket weave pattern) and sat that on the table with a bed sheet pulled tight over it and stapled to the underside of the table. It did work!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom