• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine 700 solid HHR $80 (red, white, blue, black) (1 Viewer)

Marius L

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Guy on Facebook Marketplace selling some old monogrammed solid HHR chips.

He said he would sell them for $80 today, so some room to haggle. Fair price and maybe a solid milling project for someone.

(And yes, that is tape on top of the two chip boxes that was missing their lids :meh: chips may or may not be sticky)
Screenshot_20201109-163857.png
received_381120769678821.jpeg

Who made these chips? ASM/CPC?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a good deal. If it wasn't for international shipping cost and my two other solid set projects (THC and flower molds), I would probably have picked these up.

I messaged him 7:00 am this morning! I just posted about this too. Almost pulled the trigger but do I really need MOAR chipes? Well, yeah, but maybe not these.

If someone needs a local pickup I’d be happy to go get them for you.

Nope. I took a road trip from TN. $75 Here’s what I got (looks like half the reds are THC)

Attachments

• 0A57A6A0-5E24-4560-A860-881AD9FAE9A9.jpeg
    0A57A6A0-5E24-4560-A860-881AD9FAE9A9.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 193
  • A1791708-4B27-4AD9-B894-2737CDBA6C20.jpeg
    A1791708-4B27-4AD9-B894-2737CDBA6C20.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 4BF3AB81-B4A5-4BA0-802E-645482B9A444.jpeg
    4BF3AB81-B4A5-4BA0-802E-645482B9A444.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 89E4291D-561B-46D5-81FD-333E3E499FED.jpeg
    89E4291D-561B-46D5-81FD-333E3E499FED.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 179
  • D64B5210-88E0-43F4-9004-2706BD1F8DA4.jpeg
    D64B5210-88E0-43F4-9004-2706BD1F8DA4.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 193
What do you all recommend I do with this set? If I turned this into a tourney set what steps would I go about?

1. Cleaning them. Could I use my ultrasonic, maybe just with dawn? Or would that still hurt these style chips?

2. I would 100% have to mill to label them correct?

What do you all recommend I do with this set? If I turned this into a tourney set what steps would I go about?

1. Cleaning them. Could I use my ultrasonic, maybe just with dawn? Or would that still hurt these style chips?

2. I would 100% have to mill to label them correct?
Dawn and a ultra won't do much. The Bubbles will make the ultra not work. You could try a light amount of Simple Green (someone said that works, but I have yet to try). Just don't use TSP (I think, with the ASMs)

Yup. Gotta mill those.

Dawn and a ultra won't do much. The Bubbles will make the ultra not work. You could try a light amount of Simple Green (someone said that works, but I have yet to try). Just don't use TSP (I think, with the ASMs)

Yup. Gotta mill those.

Wait a minute, I’ve got it! I can just mill the hooker juice off of them!

1605039751685.gif

might wana test just one with an Ultrasonic. Those ASM chips might disintigrate in that.
I know if you even soak certain ones like some Horseshoe mold chips in Oxi even it will melt them almost.

For my older chips I just use laundry detergent with oxi and my ultrasonic toothbrush one by one.... long job

might wana test just one with an Ultrasonic. Those ASM chips might disintigrate in that.
I know if you even soak certain ones like some Horseshoe mold chips in Oxi even it will melt them almost.

For my older chips I just use laundry detergent with oxi and my ultrasonic toothbrush one by one.... long job

what if I used warm water, dawn, and a nail brush?

what if I used warm water, dawn, and a nail brush?
Yah for my old Horseshoe Mold and Swirl mold chips I used warm water with laundry detergent

First I take a big manual toothbrush and scrub them really well, use a dental pick carefully if needed around the ring
then I use my ultrasonic toothbrush.

Those chips dont even really look too dirty though. They should clean up fast.

But yah I cant remember who it was but they mentioned if you soak old ASM / horseshoe mold chips in the oxi
carpet cleaner I used to use, it would almost melt them.

Those are not ASM, they are Lang’s.

Boxes look original. Does anyone know the history of Langs? Where there affiliated with ASM at some point or different parts of same company?

EDIT: Found another thread on here that says Lang and others were distributors for ASM at one point.

Last edited:
EDIT: Found another thread on here that says Lang and others were distributors for ASM at one point.
Yeah, that's pretty common. There were actually very few companies that ever independently made poker chips - USPCC, Burt, TR King, ASM, a few others. But there were a lot more companies that resold or distributed under their own name chips made by those companies, and those are the names you'll find on the box labels.

Usually each different mold was the property of and reserved for the exclusive use of one particular reseller / distributor.

From the apparent age of the chip box, I'm guessing that these chips were made by the Burt Company. Burt Co was sold and became ASM in 1988.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom