7-2 in your home game? (1 Viewer)

Yep we play this too only its double the BB so £1 off everyone ive saw folk (including myself) lose more than they should have playing the 7-2 good fun though!

I'll run it from time to time if everyone wants, but it's one of the only "bonus" games I don't really like myself

Yep, its a standing house rule. Although I forget if its $1 or $5 or however much. I barely remember the good 'ol real life poker days.

I believe pro poker player and backgammon legend Paul Magriel would bluff every time he was dealt 72o, in any game he was in, even without a bonus! :)

It's a good idea, I think. You want to be bluffing a certain percentage of the time and you want your bluffs to be randomly distributed... might as well use the specific hand you're dealt as a timing signal, a reminder to bluff occasionally. And if you're going to do that, what better hand to use than that?

I've played with it a handful of times in my home game. I don't push for it but if everyone wants it I'm cool with it. It does add a little fun dynamic into the game. Not sure how much I've lost playing it - probably not as much as I've won collecting the bounty for it though lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom