5K post anniversary....all my chips on the table (1 Viewer)

Thomacetti

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
And there we are....my 5000th post on PCF

Since I want to celebrate this with the thing we love most..I will be posting pr0n of all my sets (to date).
I have not been posting set pictures for a long time due to many projects cooking.

Covid made it possible to finalize them...so it's time.
Since i'm strapped for spare time, I will be posting 1 set per week (minimum) with all new pictures.

It will also give me the opportunity to thank the members that helped me out & showed me the way in my chip travels.

Thanks for reading :)

Ps. I'll post the first set asap (today or tomorrow)

Congratulations Thomas!! Looking forward to the next 5k buddy!

Curious,did your journey Start here on PCF or were you active on other sites Prior? Man I wish I had found this hobby years sooner when BCCs, Scrowns and THCs just sat in the classifieds. I really felt like Brie and I were very late to the game coming in 3 years ago. But man how it has changed even in that time frame. No wonder why the Veterans cringe at the prices we pay for stuff these days.

Long live the BCC/PCA King! Keep on posting brother!!

Ben

Congratulations Thomas!! Looking forward to the next 5k buddy!

Curious,did your journey Start here on PCF or were you active on other sites Prior? Man I wish I had found this hobby years sooner when BCCs, Scrowns and THCs just sat in the classifieds. I really felt like Brie and I were very late to the game coming in 3 years ago. But man how it has changed even in that time frame. No wonder why the Veterans cringe at the prices we pay for stuff these days.

Long live the BCC/PCA King! Keep on posting brother!!

Ben
Thanks buddy, looking forward meeting you, Brie, Steve, Dan, Matt, Mark, Forrest, Kevin, Joe and the rest of the gang @Dan's shindig

I started at CT in 2009, made a late transfer to PCF and also member at CD & obv. HPF :)
And yes, so much stuff changed....but it's not all bad imho.

Yes prices are too high and losing TRK & BCC was a big blow to our clay options.
On the other hand, the chipping community has never been more active & growing, plenty of new & established vendors (with very cool products) and like minded chippers can still find each other on the boards.

At least future is bright member wise...I prefer that then becoming a high treshold closed community of grumpy old men like the TCB single crew (NOFI).
I prefer to see the glass half full and try to approach new members in the most helpful & constructive way.

Congratulations @Thomacetti !!!!looking forward to the pics, I've always been swoon by your jockey themed custom design, not sure if these made it all the way to print.
Aside from that, you have always been an awesome international member to transact with and chat with, so I'm glad you've stuck around through so much varying crap!!! Ben and I are truly bummed we didn't get to be a part of the CT fam and BCC era.... lol
Cheers mate, looking forward to meeting you at Dan's!!!

Thanks buddy, looking forward meeting you, Brie, Steve, Dan, Matt, Mark, Forrest, Kevin, Joe and the rest of the gang @Dan's shindig

I started at CT in 2009, made a late transfer to PCF and also member at CD & obv. HPF :)
And yes, so much stuff changed....but it's not all bad imho.

Yes prices are too high and losing TRK & BCC was a big blow to our clay options.
On the other hand, the chipping community has never been more active & growing, plenty of new & established vendors (with very cool products) and like minded chippers can still find each other on the boards.

At least future is bright member wise...I prefer that then becoming a high treshold closed community of grumpy old men like the TCB single crew (NOFI).
I prefer to see the glass half full and try to approach new members in the most helpful & constructive way.
I feel like you know that is what I am all about! Always looking out and trying to help the next generation. The number of members here alone has damn near double in our short time here, it is amazing for the community and the hobby other than the obvious supply/demand issues. But then again several of us holding massive playable sets that cover the same stakes but just look or feel different isn't helping that one much either. Still seems like someone finds the occasional hoard and somehow the hobby keeps finding enough to eat and feed the hunger. Lol

I honestly still believe if you have your heart totally set on something, spend the time becoming an active member and participating that even a dream like a Scrown TRK or THC Paulson Set is still possible. Obviously much more money and options may be few and far between, but again possible. Things change, I don't really think 50% plus of people walking in here have any intentions of this becoming their "life goals/primary hobby/ ONLY investment platform" all fancy terms of saying (completely f**king obsessed with poker chips) the few that do catch it as bad as the rest of us... no where near as easy as before, but I definitely still believe it is possible to build a hard to find original clay set, not an easy task but can be done.

Absolutely agree we DONT need another TCB... one of those is enough. Haha

Will be and absolute honor to meet you brother. I already picked out my favorite avitar photo (of yours) and have my pen ready to go for an autograph sir! Lol

Congratulations @Thomacetti

Always enjoyed your posts and our interactions! I’m eager to see your collection and just exactly how big that Caps Room set you got, really is! :cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom