• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine $5k for Paulson Vineyards? (1 Viewer)

I had the ceramics and let them go for around 40 cents I think. These are the more expensive clay. I actually have the rights to the ceramic artwork but unfortunately it was lost. One day we can get it recreated. One day.

I had the ceramics and let them go for around 40 cents I think. These are the more expensive clay. I actually have the rights to the ceramic artwork but unfortunately it was lost. One day we can get it recreated. One day.
GOCC still had all of the original artwork for other older chipsets. I don't know what became of them but it might be worth looking into. I soooo need an add-on! :)

IMO $5k is absurd, but what is a reasonable price for this set? I've never seriously entertained the idea of a grail set, but if I ever did, it might be Paulson Vineyards.
I had the fever. I built the set. I nearly lost my mind trying to acquire $1s. Not quite as bad as finding Dunes $1s in quantity, but not far behind.

GOCC still had all of the original artwork for other older chipsets. I don't know what became of them but it might be worth looking into. I soooo need an add-on! :)
That's a place I hadn't checked. Not sure if they're still doing customs.

I had the fever. I built the set. I nearly lost my mind trying to acquire $1s. Not quite as bad as finding Dunes $1s in quantity, but not far behind.

I have a rack of $1s for sale which I thought would sell quickly, but surprised it's still there!

My POV on these (and many other sets from the old days of chipping).

10-15 years ago, there were not that many sets floating around like now (boat chips, Sunset, BTP, ...)
In those days, Vinyards, PNY, Olivia's, ... were the cream of the crop but compaired with current offerings (oversized, insane color & spot combo's, all mint THC , ...)
This has 'hurt' the value / like factor of these sets.

Only a few 'older' sets still maintained their value (or more) because shaped inlays, vintage lead, nevada/vegas, TRK, ... and some specific chips for building mixed sets.
$10/chips is insane

My POV on these (and many other sets from the old days of chipping).

10-15 years ago, there were not that many sets floating around like now (boat chips, Sunset, BTP, ...)
In those days, Vinyards, PNY, Olivia's, ... were the cream of the crop but compaired with current offerings (oversized, insane color & spot combo's, all mint THC , ...)
This has 'hurt' the value / like factor of these sets.

Only a few 'older' sets still maintained their value (or more) because shaped inlays, vintage lead, nevada/vegas, TRK, ... and some specific chips for building mixed sets.
$10/chips is insane

I agree with this. I think the vineyards is one of the older sets that are still pretty awesome though, with it's yellow 5, nice chips all over and lovely inlay. The pricing in this eBay auction is obviously ridiculous though. Maybe the 20s alone would well for 10$ ea.

Definitely seems like the market has slowed down quite a bit lately though.

You will never convince me that RHC chips with oversize inlays are worth $10/chip, no matter how pretty or the condition of the current market.

Not then, not now, not ever.

You will never convince me that RHC chips with oversize inlays are worth $10/chip, no matter how pretty or the condition of the current market.

Well, we all know what you think about RHC and giant inlays, but when they have been consistently selling for this over time doesn't that mean they are worth it? Speaking now of only the 20s. The set as a whole is obviously pretty far from 10$/chip.

When I bought my set years ago I was forced to get a rack of $20’s for $10 each to get the $5’s I needed, I then sold the rack of $20’s pretty easily for what I had to pay.

I think I paid somewhere around $4 each for the ones in mint/near mint shape and $5 for mint/near mint $5’s.

Condition is key on these. The $1’s currently on eBay look a bit more used than I could use in my set. It took a while to get my set in the condition I was looking for.

Not sure the sure the current going price but in mint/near mint condition I’d estimate

$1’s 3.50 to 4.50
$5’s 4.50-6.00
$2’ and $3’s at $2.00-3.00
$20’s $7-10.00
$100’s 4 spots $7.50 -10 and 8 spot $10-12.00

These are just my 2 cents worth of approximate worth. They obviously could go higher or lower on auction depending on how many folks are after them.

Old pic of tmy set before selling a rack of $20 and the $2 and $3 chips I never used. I kept a barrel of $20’s
BB096854-FF78-41D0-AF6E-4AA871EFA8B0.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom