52" round table opinion (1 Viewer)

iblonger

Two Pair
Reaction score
Im considering this table. Its 300 shipped which doesn't seem to bad. Yes I know its Chinese and I could build it myself, but that aint happening. I will say I enjoy round tables more than oval. What do you think?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 174
Looks like a nice size. I have both an oval (84" ) and an octagon (48" ), and would consider ditching both to get a decent round table.

Have always wondered why more home games (including my home) do not use round tables . . . especially as most are self-dealt. Round just makes so much more sense.

The place this is coming from only has a couple left. If you want the info let me know.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

We always used the oval tables because it seats 10, but after buying a cheap round table, I will never own an oval again!

I like octagon and round tables but I don't like folding legs like that.

The problem with folding legs like that is the people that sit near the legs end up not being able to sit as close around the table because those dang folding legs are so close to the edge. If I were you I'd consider removing those legs and getting either a single pedestal for the middle or four individual legs like I did. My 4 pedestal legs are removable and adjustable up to 1 1/2 inches and each support 250 pounds I believe. They were like 65 bucks at a table leg place online. The base screws onto the underside of the table with 8 screws per base (4 total) and then there is a big 1 1/2 inch stud that comes out of the plate and the individual legs screw onto that big bolt. Literally takes me like 2 minutes to get all 4 of my legs on and the way I positioned them the 4 people that they are near straddle them in between their legs so it never interferes with anyone.
(wow that was a much longer response then I intended lol).
IMG_20131125_095856_062.jpg
IMG_20131125_095939_532.jpg

The place this is coming from only has a couple left. If you want the info let me know.

If another table comes in here without selling any of the current ones, I'll be asked to leave. I had better pass...

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I like octagon and round tables but I don't like folding legs like that.

The problem with folding legs like that is the people that sit near the legs end up not being able to sit as close around the table because those dang folding legs are so close to the edge.

I have to agree. I have this issue with my octagon. I sat on the end near one of the folding legs, and kept hitting them. I'll probably end up replacing them with a pedestal system, but I need something that will not have a large screw sticking out of the bottom of the table to allow me to store it. I'm sure there's something out there I can find that will work.

Meh, IMHO save your $300 and put it towards a table that won't be trash in a year. Or, keep an eye on craiglist, for $300 you can get a lot more for your money.

Also, eight players at a 52" table is going to be tight unless your players are all 120lbs chics ;)

The cup holders in the playing surface is a big turn off for me. They're just asking to have chips and cards fall into them. Those folding legs do look like they would get in the way of players' legs as everyone else mentioned. A center pedestal would be a lot better as long as it's big enough to keep the table stable.

I've made both oval and I've made round tables for the games / tournaments that I host. When I first started out, I made ovals. Scott Keen's table was my inspiration in the beginning. Since I've matured a bit, I've developed an affection to the round table. I prefer the round tables as it is a lot easier to deal and move pots around on. I can get the same amount of people in my basement with 5 round tables and more space in between the tables and chairs, as opposed 4 ovals with ten players per table. Seating is snug with 8 at a round table, but there is more elbow room than 10 at an oval. The rounds are a lot easier to store in the storage room in my basement as well.

Those budget tables will work, but if you are looking for something that has true durability and will last for more than a year of frequent play, there are other options. Had a similar looking model and had to repair the legs after roughly 6 months of biweekly games.

I bought a table online for 250 and found that if you want a good playing surface it is better to build it your self, just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 175

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom