5-card Omaha (1 Viewer)

arch3r

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
This hand happened over the weekend. We were playing .25/.50 5-card Omaha for a change of pace.

Current stack is ~$150. Villain ~$67.

I'm dealt :jh::6c::jc::qc::3s: and call the $1.50 raise from villain. 4 others come along as well.

Flop is :kc::tc::ac: which is favorable for me. ;)

Question: How do I get the villain to put in his entire stack?

Just call his continuation bet on the flop and have him turn top boat. :D

Screenshot_20210301-163157.png

Question: How do I get the villain to put in his entire stack?
Without reading the spoiler you pretty much have to hope villain has a set and improves. It won't be easy. The royal blocks the top two possible flushes, so it's hard to come up with rational calling hands here. It pretty much has to be sets the more you think about it.

Very brave of you to call preflop with that...mixture...of cards.
Some players in this group have never leaned how to fold. In O8 I saw KcQd5c7h call a pot sized bet pre flop, call a pot sized bet on a 34J board with 1 club , call a pot sized bet with a 2c on the turn, and pot the 3rd club river. With the K..

beating (scooping) double suited AA24 with a 57 low and a back door flush. Called hoping to hit the gut shot straight draw.... I guess???

—edit... updated the hand/flop cards

Basically mandatory slowplay with the flopped royal. You have the nut and second-nut flushes locked up, so there's not much you can hope for anyone to call with. But a paired board will almost always put a full house or two out there, and then you can make some bank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom