5/5 PLO Resources (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
There's a regular 5/5 PLO cash game at the Hard Rock in Tampa I'm interested in playing. Some of the players will post an optional $10 straddle.

Interested in resources everyone would recommend to improve my PLO game, whether it's specific books, videos, coaches, etc.

I've played in it once and did well short-stacking. There were three guys who got it all-in preflop and the winning hand was one pair of 2's when the river brought a 2, that's how bad some of the players are. :p

There's a regular 5/5 PLO cash game at the Hard Rock in Tampa I'm interested in playing. Some of the players will post an optional $10 straddle.

Interested in resources everyone would recommend to improve my PLO game, whether it's specific books, videos, coaches, etc.

I've played in it once and did well short-stacking. There were three guys who got it all-in preflop and the winning hand was one pair of 2's when the river brought a 2, that's how bad some of the players are. :p

I just told my wife we are moving to Tampa!!! :D

Come play my and @Hornet games for a few months and the money you lose in your “lessons” will be made up for in a few short sessions it sounds like.

Start with Hwang's Big Play Strategy book. Don't stop there or you'll be folding everything except high premium hands, but it's a book I frequently recommend to newer players for full ring live games. He then has a 3 book series of more advanced concepts after you understand the basics.

Start with Hwang's Big Play Strategy book. Don't stop there or you'll be folding everything except high premium hands, but it's a book I frequently recommend to newer players for full ring live games. He then has a 3 book series of more advanced concepts after you understand the basics.
That book is the best, but as Forrest says you’ll need to open up your range. I didn’t find Hwang’s subsequent books nearly as helpful.

The Tampa Hard Rock is a great game from what I’ve heard. Some of the locals here go down there regularly because the game is so good.

I think you’re just going to have to take the plunge and learn at the tables as much as you can as quickly as you can.

And, of course, come visit us in Ohio and learn here!

I’m going to agree with the other posts on reading the Hwang book, especially if the game is as described. I would add Reuben’s “How Good is Your Pot Limit Omaha” as well. It’s a fun read made of hand quizzes based on actual hands Reuben played. It’s not a thorough instructional book but it will get you thinking about Omaha strategy and how others may play in various situatiions.
Go play and if you are playing correctly you will be watching and learning most of the time at the table anyway, which may be challenging when you see how much gambling is going on. I play in Hornet’s game and I think we may need to make a trip to Tampa and join you at the tables.
Good luck and stay safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom