5¢ or 10¢ for microstakes (1 Viewer)

I used to have all kinds of denominations for my low stakes game ... 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c, and "tokens" that could be anything. The players loved it but I thought it was overkill (they wanted as many colors as possible at one time on the table). Usually I tried to just do 5/25/1.00 or 10/50/2.00
View attachment 824597
I LOVE THIS SET !!!!

i went with 5c for a set a put together for a buddy of mine.

IMG_7357.JPG

I understand everyone’s reasoning. I feel like I’m leaning 10¢ though simply because I would do 10¢/10¢… not 5¢/10¢. And it would most likely be a rare game. Also only adding one rack of them to the set. And like @LeLe said, making change isn’t super hard.
You should do .15/.30 and use nickels, dimes, and quarters just because

I prefer the .05 personally. but my crew gambles for very micro stakes usually. But then again we didn't for pennies twenty years ago. and now the pot sometimes has dollars in it

I’ve decided to add either a 5¢ or 10¢ to an upcoming set just because. The set is currently 25¢, $1, $5, $20. Was just thinking it would be nice to have one of those just in case since none of my sets have that.

I keep going back and forth on which to go with. No reason, since 5¢/10¢ won’t make or break anyone’s bank. Just curious what peoples thoughts are and why? Thanks

If you decide to go with a 10¢, you might also want to consider a 50¢. 10’s and 25’s can be clunky in the same pot in some situations.

For 10¢ games I use these:
BD8838F9-AD3A-4937-AB70-27AD96792C9F.jpeg

If you have Quarters I prefer Nickles. My group plays some games that build crazy pots with nickel ante’s through a couple rounds. One rack of nickles is more than enough for anything needed

i went with 5c for a set a put together for a buddy of mine.

View attachment 824620
Not to sidetrack the thread, but I think that these are gorgeous. What chips did you use as the base?

On the topic of the thread, as others have said, sticking with multiples should help with a myriad of table tasks (change, splitting pots, etc.).

Either nickels or dimes work, but a word of caution, if you choose the dime, you shouldn't do quarters. Changing making gets awkward pretty quick since it always has to be a 5 for 2 swap.

I built my cash set around the 0.10-0.50-1 progression. But 0.05-0.25-1 works as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom