44mm Custom CPC Chip Racks (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to @Ken for the time and effort he put into making chip racks for my 44mm CPC chips (@David Spragg).

From making and shipping a test rack, to sending me a large choice of color options, Ken was AWESOME to work with!! Ken even went the extra mile and engraved SASC (for Seeking Alpha Social Club) into both ends of each rack.

Ken also had some great ideas for various chip rack configurations, but I ultimately opted to go TR King old school (i.e., 25 chips per row).

I can't say enough about what a please Ken was to work with, and what a GREAT addition to the PCF community he is!!! Thanks again Ken!!

Here's the final product:

20170601_230322.jpg
20170601_230334.jpg
20170601_231415.jpg
20170601_231330.jpg
20170601_231534.jpg
20170601_231536.jpg
20170601_231547.jpg
20170601_231600.jpg

Wow awesome!!!

What are they made out of? And how can he mass produce these for the upcoming inflow of orders once people see these. Do you have a picture of the underside?

I would love some engraved versions for my sets even at the common 39mm size.

I think these were 3D printed, so they're not exactly cheap. But they're DAMN cool!
Not exactly cheap describes just about everything in this hobby. Having said that, in his spare time he's making a few racks for me and the pricing (generously at his cost) is not bad. Only a few bucks more than for the injection molded Unique racks that everyone was clamoring for to fit their 39mm Paulsons last year. And the custom engraving on the ends is way cool. We looked into doing something on the long side but it doesn't come out well on whichever end is down when printed. Can't wait to show mine off when they're done.

Last edited:
Wow awesome!!!

What are they made out of? And how can he mass produce these for the upcoming inflow of orders once people see these. Do you have a picture of the underside?

I would love some engraved versions for my sets even at the common 39mm size.
@upNdown is correct. They we're 3D printed. Not necessarily cheap compared to off the shelf racks, but there are really no alternatives that fit my 44mm CPCs (at least none I was able to find). They are also much more durable. Pretty rock solid.

Thanks for the kudos. You are welcome. I hope you enjoy them for many years.

These are 3D printed with PLA (Polylactic Acid) filament. The racks take 20 hours of printing each.

As was discussed in another thread there isn't a large market for any particular rack, at least not enough for me to be convinced to invest the money to create a production process.

However, 3D printing can be one-offs. The investment is time in the design. I am still kinda new to 3D printing so I am doing lots of tests of 4-5 hours before actually attempting that 20 hour print, making sure it is right. It is my time and my hobby and I enjoy doing it. If I had to hire somebody to do it ...

I have taken on these two projects (@Seeking Alpha Social Club and @DJ Mack) to see how it goes. I designed a good model in the CAD system that I can tweak for different needs. These two projects will be significantly different as they have differently sized chips and want different configurations and capacities.

Also, since they are already different, why not personalize them? That is also part of the value added that isn't available in the market. You get a rack sized for your chips, your configuration and your brand.

If someone where trying to make a business out of this I still think it wouldn't be enough to even cover the overhead. I am sure there is a market at $25 per rack but not a large one. That is enough to cover the materials and shipping but not much more.

I am willing to take on other projects. I am slow as this isn't a business. Assume the cost would be $25 per tray (probably less) unless you have something really weird. I couldn't make a 5x20 44mm configuration as my printer isn't large enough so there are limitations that are specific to me. I also couldn't get the personalization working on one of the four sides which is likely a limitation of my current printer (or my current skills).

Yes...thank you. I was looking at the strands on the support and it amazes me how such an AWESOME product can be spun out of the filament.

I forgot to throw in a chunk of filament. It is 1.75mm in diameter. It is melted at 210ºC and extruded through a 0.4mm hole. Layer that on itself over and over in the right places and you can make lots of different things.

At long last they are here!

These things are beefy and they stack really well with no wobble:

44mmRack3.jpg

Looking down from the top, as you can see it's a perfect fit all around:
44mmRack2.jpg

And of course, you've got to customize the ends!
44mmRack1.jpg

I can't say enough good things about @Ken and all the hard work he put into these. Very cool design and great dude. If he ever goes pro I'll be the first to write a customer testimonial on his behalf!!

At long last they are here!

These things are beefy and they stack really well with no wobble:

View attachment 103984
Looking down from the top, as you can see it's a perfect fit all around:
View attachment 103985

And of course, you've got to customize the ends!
View attachment 103986
I can't say enough good things about @Ken and all the hard work he put into these. Very cool design and great dude. If he ever goes pro I'll be the first to write a customer testimonial on his behalf!!
That is AWESOME!! @Ken comes through again !! CONGRATS!!

I had been looking for racks to hold my 44mm CPC Rounders chips. I stumbled onto this thread and contacted @Ken. Turns out my office is a couple of blocks from Ken's.

Ken solved my rack problem with these racks...gave me three Russian Bears and the card holders as well.

Thank you so much for printing the racks, bears and card holders with your 3D printer, Ken....you're awesome.

Dave

Rounders Racks 2018 08 08.jpg

Rounders Racks With Russian Bears 2018 08 08.jpg

Rounders Card Holders 2018 08 08.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom