44mm chip trays. Where to buy. (1 Viewer)

Mesnik44

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure I didn't use the proper lingo for the title.

I need to buy 10 racks that fit CPC oversized chips (44mm). The second thing is that I would like them to fit into a regular birdcage. I understand this is possible, with or without tray modification.

Can anyone direct me to a site where I can buy these?

Thanks in advance.

bump for more attention - curious about this myself i know people have traditionally used Paulson 43s and the oversized Matsui racks. are these the only known options?

Spinettis has acrylic racks for 43 mm chips (link). The length is 8.75" compared to 8.125" for their standard racks that hold 39-40 mm chips. On the photo it looks (to me, at least) that the chips are wider than the rack, but that could be an optical illusion.

Spinettis has acrylic racks for 43 mm chips (link). The length is 8.75" compared to 8.125" for their standard racks that hold 39-40 mm chips. On the photo it looks (to me, at least) that the chips are wider than the rack, but that could be an optical illusion.

the issue with those is that the 44mm ASM/CPCs won't quite fit. i don't know that i'd feel comfortable housing the chips long term with the gap at the bottom of each barrel and rubbing against each other on the sides. i doubt there's enough stress on the actual chip to warrant any concerns, but i think it would just bother me with my obsessive tendencies.

d8Z2H9E.jpg

the issue with those is that the 44mm ASM/CPCs won't quite fit. i don't know that i'd feel comfortable housing the chips long term with the gap at the bottom of each barrel and rubbing against each other on the sides. i doubt there's enough stress on the actual chip to warrant any concerns, but i think it would just bother me with my obsessive tendencies.

d8Z2H9E.jpg
Thanks for posting a larger image. Is it me, or does it look like that's actually a 39mm rack?

Thanks for posting a larger image. Is it me, or does it look like that's actually a 39mm rack?

yeah the gap at the bottom is certainly larger than i'd expect for a 43mm rack with 44mm chips. i seem to remember trav's set being in 43mm racks and seeing a gap (though maybe smaller?).

yeah the gap at the bottom is certainly larger than i'd expect for a 43mm rack with 44mm chips. i seem to remember trav's set being in 43mm racks and seeing a gap (though maybe smaller?).

That, and the gaps aren't symmetrical (i.e., the chips aren't centered in their respective rows). When I put 39.5mm or 40mm chips in a 39mm rack, there might be a tiny bit of a gap on the bottom, but the chips don't touch each other. I have 44mm and 43mm chips in the same 43mm rack and they don't look like this photo.

I could be wrong, but I think the 44 mm GOCC trays I ordered only had 4 rows.

Hmm . . . My 43/44m trays have 5 rows and are approx 1" longer than standard trays. My 50mm trays (perfect for Oreos btw) have 4 rows. If I remember, I'll take and post some photos.

i don't have my birdcages handy - does that extra inch make them too wide for the standard cage?

It depends. I've heard that not all birdcages have the same interior dimensions. According to the internet, the Trademark and Brybelly carriers are 10" long OD, which should include the walls plus the black corner pieces. Regular chip trays seem to range from 7.875" to 8.125". It's going to be close.

Both my Matsui WSOP 44s/43s in Spinetti racks and my Paulson Dunes 43s in Spinetti racks fit in two different types of Birdcages (1000 and 600), but I cannot determine what types of cages I have.

Am I correct that GOCC no longer exists? Their website is down. I am keen to buy come 44mm chip trays…any help Greatly Appreciated!!

Wow, good call. Can I please see some photograph of the wooden chip trays?
What type of wood did he use?
Cheers…

May I ask what he charged you?
I would send him a PM to get the current prices. What I paid a few months ago may not be correct now. I think they were between $15 and $18 per rack IIRC. On the lower end of that range if you buy multiples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom