44mm A-mold - 1" re-label possible? (1 Viewer)

Phantom

Full House
Reaction score
As the 44mm A-mold is 7/8" inlay only from CPC, would there be anything stopping someone from ordering a 44mm blank and having @Gear mill a 1" or larger circle for a label? Does anyone know the diameter of the inner circle of the 44mm?

The inner circle diameter looks like it is 1"

I am VERY interested to see if this is doable because, in my humble opinion, the 7/8" label is way too small.

20170727_034608.jpg

Thanks @Seeking Alpha Social Club . Now that is interesting. The 39mm A-mold has a 1" center circle as well, soooo, I wonder why the 44mm can't also take a 1"inlay.
You're welcome. I have always wondered that too. I thought Mr. Spragg, or somebody else, answered that quedtiin somewhere, but I couldn't locate the answer. I'll let you know if I find it.

Thanks guys. So that is why they can't produce them with a 1" inlay, but the extra thickness might allow @Gear to mill for a 1" label.
I hope so. And I can attest, 1 barrel is nearly 1 chip thicker than a Paulson barrel of chips. The good...this might help with milling. The bad...it is impossible to find racks for them. I had to have custom racks made. Small price to pay though for 44mm CPCs. All my poker peeps rave about them more than my Paulsons and TRKs!!

Good luck!!

I hope so. And I can attest, 1 barrel is nearly 1 chip thicker than a Paulson barrel of chips. The good...this might help with milling. The bad...it is impossible to find racks for them. I had to have custom racks made. Small price to pay though for 44mm CPCs. All my poker peeps rave about them more than my Paulsons and TRKs!!

Good luck!!
Awesome work mate :) they certainly look the goods. Perhaps some more pics here while we wait :)

Hi folks, sorry for not responding sooner in the thread.

Yes, as far as I can tell there's no reason why 44 mm A-mold blanks couldn't be milled. BGinGA is right, I'll need to make another jig, but that's not a big problem.

Hi folks, sorry for not responding sooner in the thread.

Yes, as far as I can tell there's no reason why 44 mm A-mold blanks couldn't be milled. BGinGA is right, I'll need to make another jig, but that's not a big problem.

My wallet was hoping you were going to say this wasn't possible. I've wanted to order 44mm customs for years but can never pull the trigger as I hate (!) the 7/8" inlays. Too small imo for the chip. What would the cost for this?

My wallet was hoping you were going to say this wasn't possible. I've wanted to order 44mm customs for years but can never pull the trigger as I hate (!) the 7/8" inlays. Too small imo for the chip. What would the cost for this?

Cost would be 1.25 USD per chip, which includes laminated labels.

Sorry to resurrect this from the dead, but @Gear did anyone ever end up doing this? And was it a success? Any pics?

I love the 44mm A mold but the 7/8” label is a no go for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom