400 or 500 tournament chips need help (1 Viewer)

GateteLucky

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi!

I play single table tournaments from 4 to 10 players on a lucky day, day of 10 players there could be 10 rebuys maximum (probably never).

So I'm making my way into ordering my first not cheapest nor expensive chip set.

Talking to alibaba suppiers to see if some is willing to sell 400/500 chips.

120 x T25
120 x T100
50 x T500
75 x T1000
35 x T5000

That sums 400 chips, recommended by @BGinGA

But let's say I take advantage of the shipping and order 100 more chips to make it to 500, so standard cases fit them all.

Which 100 plus chip denomination should I choose?

Maybe some more initial stacks plus some 5k chips?

I mean right now I don't know which scenarios we use to face when playing, and while probably those 100 chips in use will never get used, I don't know...

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Aside from whichever denom(s) you decide to bump up, it might be a good idea to budget 10-20 chips toward having a few extras of each.

Aside from whichever denom(s) you decide to bump up, it might be a good idea to budget 10-20 chips toward having a few extras of each.

Yes I thought on adding a couple more initial stacks, maybe one day we are more people (we could start 8-8 if there is no chips).

Maybe someone has a magical idea of how to use a 25k chip xD, apart from offering that change to the chip leader so he can brag and be prouder.

First, what starting stacks are you using that you get 10 players and 10 rebuys from this?

First, what starting stacks are you using that you get 10 players and 10 rebuys from this?

Just guessing, but it looks to me like T-10k with starting stacks of 12/12/5/6/0, or thereabouts.

Just guessing, but it looks to me like T-10k with starting stacks of 12/12/5/6/0, or thereabouts.
but not with 10 rebuys. This is my confusion. Its hard to recommend what additional chips to buy without knowing the breakdown

Oh yes it's 12/12/5/6

I think I heard BGinGA saying 10 rebuys but the math is using big denoms.

I'll be buying without testing samples, because I'd have to buy them.

I'm trying to maximize savings so searching for chips under .50 if in luck

Hi, f you search for ceramic chips lots of nice Chipco sets a great prices try Royal Yaks, Crystal Oyster ......
good luck in your hunt.

Hi!

I play single table tournaments from 4 to 10 players on a lucky day, day of 10 players there could be 10 rebuys maximum (probably never).

So I'm making my way into ordering my first not cheapest nor expensive chip set.

Talking to alibaba suppiers to see if some is willing to sell 400/500 chips.

120 x T25
120 x T100
50 x T500
75 x T1000
35 x T5000

That sums 400 chips, recommended by @BGinGA

But let's say I take advantage of the shipping and order 100 more chips to make it to 500, so standard cases fit them all.

Which 100 plus chip denomination should I choose?

Maybe some more initial stacks plus some 5k chips?

I mean right now I don't know which scenarios we use to face when playing, and while probably those 100 chips in use will never get used, I don't know...

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Best deal your going to get is to order China Clays Cards Mold chips in one of the forming group buys here. I just bought 3575 China Clays China to America 980something USD....Then will have to pay for shipping into Canada that will be probably around 250-300ish Can (sadly). Only flaw was the 1k and 5k chip last zero bleeds into the outer ring....I can live with it. I thought it would be fun to have a fan set that I could keep for a while then give out to family and friends while keeping a CPC set of the similar design that is also on order. Or its a massive Secondary set if nobody in the family is all that interested. I suggest spending a little time to make a custom design and you can order about 600-1000 chips that are custom for likely equal or less than and semi-decent store bought chip you may otherwise buy. There are many helpful folks on here that can help you with a design concept as well.

My design inlay is basic but the name is a family joke thing so its great for me. I took the edge spot from the original set I had designed for a CPC set before costing out the edgespots and going with a simpler edge spot design for CPC's.

1613859271958.png

Best deal your going to get is to order China Clays Cards Mold chips in one of the forming group buys here. I just bought 3575 China Clays China to America 980something USD....Then will have to pay for shipping into Canada that will be probably around 250-300ish Can (sadly). Only flaw was the 1k and 5k chip last zero bleeds into the outer ring....I can live with it. I thought it would be fun to have a fan set that I could keep for a while then give out to family and friends while keeping a CPC set of the similar design that is also on order. Or its a massive Secondary set if nobody in the family is all that interested. I suggest spending a little time to make a custom design and you can order about 600-1000 chips that are custom for likely equal or less than and semi-decent store bought chip you may otherwise buy. There are many helpful folks on here that can help you with a design concept as well.

My design inlay is basic but the name is a family joke thing so its great for me. I took the edge spot from the original set I had designed for a CPC set before costing out the edgespots and going with a simpler edge spot design for CPC's.

View attachment 640597
Card mold chips are debossed image ceramics, not china clays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom