• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine 400 Mint Paulson Pilot Wheel Inlaid SCV Solids (1 Viewer)

They would make nice fracs.

I saw those but couldn't get past the stickers. They didn't quite match the chip. And we don't know how well the stickers were made/applied.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of them.

DrStrange

They look like relabels to me, but I'm no expert ...... perfect for making some quarters or fitties

agreed and the color matching appears much better - though still not precise - in the other pics.

x2 - that first picture appears to be a scan, not a photo. Depending on the scanner type, any type of pink/orange color gets severely washed out, I would imagine the colors match pretty well in person.

So how can we tell the difference between relabeled chips and ones with inlays?

That "burple" chip with the pinkish pilot wheel looks different from what I expect an inlay to look like - but maybe the home market chips got made that way?

DrStrange

The THC mold has hatching on the inlays, right? I know the empress inlays have some texture. I think you can see that hatched texture in the scans. I'd believe that the color match looks better person too.

The THC mold has hatching on the inlays, right? I know the empress inlays have some texture. I think you can see that hatched texture in the scans. I'd believe that the color match looks better person too.

the crosshatching which i thought was visible is also what led me to believe they were inlays. maybe we can get a report back if the high bidder is on the board here.

I have seen, and own, several barrels of chips like that. They are legit factory inlays.

The color-matching wasn't awesome but it's better than the scans suggest.

BTW the title of this thread is wrong -- all of the chips in the pictures are SCV, not LCV.

BTW the title of this thread is wrong -- all of the chips in the pictures are SCV, not LCV.

Man, I'm always wrong on LCV vs. SCV... I should just make it the opposite of what I think it is every time.

It's easy.... LCV (long cane version) has longer canes. The are also closer to horizontal, so that there is open space between the end of the cane and the hat. The SCV design makes a little triangle at that point.

It's easy.... LCV (long cane version) has longer canes. The are also closer to horizontal, so that there is open space between the end of the cane and the hat. The SCV design makes a little triangle at that point.
Damn it! I knew about the little triangle, but I was SURE it meant LCV. That explains a lot.

I was wondering what this stood for. Even went to look in the site dictionary but no reference.

I have seen, and own, several barrels of chips like that. They are legit factory inlays.

The color-matching wasn't awesome but it's better than the scans suggest.

Chris, what do you currently have? Any pics?

I had a handful of the pink ones and about 50 of the brown ones. I don't have any pics handy but they were what I would call "slightly used".

Anyone here win the auction? My snipe was too low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom