4 PIP recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Quad Johnson

Two Pair
Reaction score
Looking for more 4 PIP offerings and was wondering what your favorite was. My wife is a lefty and never got comfortable fanning her cards for games such as gin, euchre etc. with standard cards.

I introduced her to 4 PIP and she's fallen in love. Now I'm just curious of other options out there besides Modiano. I'm new to plastic cards in my home games in general and have only tried Modiano's so looking to figure out what we like and don't like.

TIA

These:
Piatnik's
They're definitely overpriced now. However, if you're interested in those, I'd add them to an Amazon "list" and wait a week or 2 as I've watched those specific cards pricing fluctuate a lot (daily)… cheapest I've seen them go was $26.

edit:
Lot's of differing opinions on cards here. Unfortunately, 4pips are much less common. Fournier make some (Loads of Fournier fans here) and Dal Negro also… but all 3 brands are pretty hard to find here in the USA

Last edited:
Fully plastic ones, poker size:
-Piatnik 1326 (4-index normal). Nice papery feel with all the blessings of full plastic. Hard to find (as all Piatniks) anywhere in the world, with the possible exception of former Austro-Hungarian lands. Arbitrarily priced on internet shops. Don't really know where and when these folks sell their cards and how they make a living - maybe the make cards just for fun or for Habsburg heirs only.:)
-Founier Titanium 4-index normal (I 'm forgettng the code number right now). Top quality, muted red color. Expensive even in Europe, despite being Spanish.
-Modiano Cristallo (4-index Jumbo). Obvious choice on this side of the Atlantic for jumbo 4-pip.
-Modiano Old Trophy and Golden Trophy (4-index normal)
-Dal Negro Torcello (4-index normal). Excellent choice, IMO better than Modiano.
-Copag 4-index Jumbo AND 4-index Jumbo 4-color (green clubs, blue diamonds)! Obvious choice on your side of the Atlantic - ultra slippery though. Top card of the deck always trying to fly away. Heavy card guard required!
-KEM: I have only seen on the internet a single and rare 4-index model, with a Paisley back pattern.

Good luck with finding 4-index decks in the New World! You may end up ordering from Europe anyway.
Personally speaking, I can't really enjoy a game without 4 indexes on the cards!:)

Personally speaking, I can't really enjoy a game without 4 indexes on the cards!:)

I know what you mean! I used paper cards for the longest time and first discovered 4 PIP from the Bicycle PokerPeek line. Not the best, but I loved the concept.

I picked up the multicolor 8 pack of the Cristallos for my home game. I like the 4 PIP jumbo for HE in self dealt home games. The card backs just aren't my favorite. When it's time to replace those, I'll branch into one of the other jumbo offerings.

Most of my players definitely prefer jumbo to 4 PIP. Myself and others prefer 4 PIP as a priority so I thought the Cristallos were a nice addition to please everyone. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom